Omni Bridgeway collects distressed debt, either by legal enforcement or through an amicable solution.
- claims against sovereign or quasi-sovereign entities in a risk country arising from contract frustration or disregard of a guarantee by such a (quasi-) sovereign entity;
- claims against corporate entities in risk countries, i.e. debt issued or guaranteed by private corporate entities in these countries; and
- defaulted bank debt evidenced by loan documentation, letters of credit, promissory notes and bills of exchange issued and/or guaranteed by a central bank or other banks.
Recovery is achieved via
- an amicable solution: In view of, for example, a commercial relationship between the creditor and the debtor the possibilities of an amicable solution are investigated first. In this respect Omni Bridgeway manages debt swaps, conversions and buy-back programs and arranges legal workouts, such as the restructuring and rescheduling of defaulted debt;
- legal enforcement: legal action might be necessary when a debtor is unwilling to pay his debt. In such a case, Omni Bridgeway will manage and coordinate the full recovery process on a no success, no fee basis.
A successful recovery is achieved by our integrated approach whereby we combine legal action with the identification of attachable assets in favourable jurisdictions worldwide. This way Omni Bridgeway ensures that a claim, if necessary confirmed by a judgement or an arbitral award, actually gets paid.
Omni Bridgeway provides its recovery services on a strict no success, no fee basis. This means that
- Omni Bridgeway bears all costs such as lawyers, consultants and court fees;
- Omni Bridgeway’s remuneration is a percentage of the recovery proceeds;
- the interests of the client and Omni Bridgeway are aligned.
In the more than 25 years of its existence, Omni Bridgeway has established a track record of successful recoveries. A reference list and a track record containing some of the major transactions can be obtained on request.
Free Assessment Service
Omni Bridgeway can assess your claim and provide you with possible recovery solutions, including the most desirable legal route. Our assessment service is provided free of charge and on a no-obligation basis. Please complete the questionnaire and we will revert with our initial feedback.