Debt Trading & Investment
Omni Bridgeway buys defaulted debt as final investor or trades it in the secondary market. A sale of your defaulted debt offers a short-term alternative to legal enforcement or restructuring of distressed debt and provides instant liquidity.
Asset classes in which Omni Bridgeway generally is interested as a final investor or for which it expects to find a strategic investor in the secondary market are:
- Sovereign and quasi-sovereign debt i.e. debt issued and/or guaranteed by (quasi-) sovereign entities in risk countries; and
- Bank debt i.e. debt evidenced by Loan Documentation, Letters of Credit, Promissory Notes and Bills of Exchange issued and/or guaranteed by the Central Bank or other banks in risk countries; and
- Corporate debt i.e. debt issued or guaranteed by private corporate entities in risk countries;
- Enforceable awards or legal titles.
In respect of certain claims, Omni Bridgeway is able to provide clients instant liquidity and/or balance finality by purchasing the debt.
- Purchase prices are determined according to market circumstances and qualities of the asset
- When trading the debt, Omni Bridgeway assists by identifying the investor and by monitoring and managing the transaction.
- Omni Bridgeway’s remuneration is a success fee only, which is a percentage of the trading price
Should you be interested to in a more long-term recovery but with a higher return, please follow the link to Litigation and Arbitration Funding & Management and/or Debt Recovery
Over the years Omni Bridgeway has established a track record of successful recoveries, amongst others by investing and consequently recovering the defaulted debt or by selling the claim to a strategic investor. A reference list and a track record containing some of the major transactions can be obtained on request.
Free Assessment Service
Omni Bridgeway can assess your claim and provide you with a pricing of your defaulted debt. Our assessment and pricing service is provided free of costs and any obligations. Please fill in the questionnaire and we will return with our initial feedback.