Business Intelligence / Asset Tracing Manager
About Omni Bridgeway
Omni Bridgeway is the global leader in funding, managing and investing in legal claims and disputes, with expertise in both civil and common law systems, and operations spanning Asia, Australia, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, the UK and the US. Omni Bridgeway offers capital and project management services for clients from case inception through to post-judgment enforcement and recovery. Since 1986 it has established a record of success for clients around the world.
Omni Bridgeway is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:OBL) and has the world’s largest dispute finance team, with 170+ talented professionals working from 19 offices across 11 countries.
Context for this role hire
Having achieved impressive organic growth and international expansion, Omni Bridgeway is looking for a Business Intelligence /Asset Tracing Manager / Financial Research Associate to support the Dubai team of Investment Managers and Enforcement specialists. The Dubai team focusses on funding litigation, arbitration and enforcement matters in the Middle-East and Africa (MEA) in general, and on assessing and recovering non-performing bank loans in MEA specifically. The latter is part of the MENA Distressed Asset Recovery Program (“DARP”), a joint venture between Omni Bridgeway and the International Finance Corporation (part of the World Bank Group). In addition, the Dubai team contributes local legal and intelligence expertise to other Omni Bridgeway offices on matters with a MEA component.
|Job title||Business Intelligence / Asset Tracing Manager/ Financial Research Associate|
|Office location||Dubai, DIFC|
|Reports to||Regional reporting to the Head of DARP and functional reporting to Head of Asset tracing.|
|Key relationships / stakeholders||DARP investment team and Global Asset Tracing/Business Intelligence team.|
Review and assessment of legal claims and non-performing loans by conducting and coordinating the analysis of financial, economic, and legal intelligence (incl. through legal discovery) in order to advise on payment capacity of, and recoverability from, the defendants / obligors / guarantors. Typical cases that are assessed involve portfolios of non-performing corporate loans, which are often supported by personal guarantees of high-net-worth individuals.
Responsibilities include analyzing corporate and legal structures, identifying cash-flows, unravelling international trade transactions, and identifying supporting legal evidence. The analysis will be used to (a.) support new litigation funding investment proposals which will be jointly prepared with the Investment Managers or (b.) support legal proceedings on pending investments.
Key role responsibilities
- Review and assessment of potential matters for litigation funding, mainly against corporates and individuals in order to advise on payment capacity and recoverability and to provide the investment committees of Omni Bridgeway with relevant recommendations.
- Providing financial, economic and legal intelligence in support of prospective and pending national and international legal proceedings.
- Conducting research using financial, legal and other intelligence sources.
- Coordinating third party intelligence providers and assessing their findings.
- Development, maintenance and internal distribution of know-how relevant for the business of the company.
Required core capabilities
- Academic degree in Business, Legal or Finance. A thorough understanding of legal and financial business structures is essential.
- Fluent in English and Arabic. Additional language skills are highly regarded.
- 8 + years’ experience as senior associate / principal or team leader with an investigations/intelligence firm, forensic disputes firm or hedge fund in the Middle East.
- Knowledge and experience with investigative sources, tools and approaches.
- A network of contacts within the Middle East business intelligence industry.
- Excellent writing skills and communication skills; demonstrated ability to understand and summarize information from multiple sources into a concise analysis.
- Experience with or knowledge of litigation finance or international legal proceedings would be an advantage.
- Key personal competences: Analytical thinker, streetwise, self-starter, creative and persistent.
Benefits of joining our team
- This is an excellent opportunity for a professional in the business or legal intelligence / investigations industry who wants to be more entrepreneurial and leave the hourly fee / fixed fee business model.
- Joining Omni Bridgeway offers the opportunity to be part of a talented and growing global team across 19 offices in Australia, Asia, the UK, EMEA and North America.
- On offer is a competitive remuneration package which includes an annual cash bonus incentive and the possibility to participate in a long term incentive (equity) program.
How to apply
Interested candidates should if the criteria above have been met, send a cover letter and resume to: [email protected].