Alexandra McVay is an Investment Manager for Omni Bridgeway, responsible for identifying and assessing investment opportunities and project managing funded claims through to resolution.
Prior to joining Omni Bridgeway in 2015, Alexandra was a Senior Associate in the Corporate, Commercial and Litigation team at independent Australian commercial law firm, Rodgers Barnes & Green (now RBG Lawyers).
Alexandra’s areas of expertise include large scale commercial litigation, transactions, insolvency, company law, regulatory and administrative law. She has acted on behalf of government, national and international clients across a range of industries including mining and resources, aviation, racing, telecommunications, financial services and health. Alexandra has litigation experience in State Supreme and Appellate Courts, Federal Court of Australia and Tribunal jurisdictions.
Alexandra applies her extensive experience to conducting due diligence and presenting viable investment opportunities to Omni Bridgeway’s Investment Committee and managing Omni Bridgeway's investments in legal disputes and multiparty actions.
Alexandra graduated from the Queensland University of Technology in 2008 with Bachelor degrees in Law and Business.
- Author. Dispute funding in international arbitration – non-recourse finance for difficult economic times. Alternative Dispute Resolution Bulletin (NexisLexis). May 2020.
- Author. Five things to know about litigation funding. IMF Bentham Blog. 6 September 2017.
- Litigation Funding. Arbitrators' and Mediators Institute of New Zealand Inc (AMINZ). Webinar. 25 May 2022.
- Litigation Funding and Arbitration Awards. International Arbitration in Oceania. 14 September 2021.
- Alexandra has been a popular guest speaker for the North Queensland Law Association Conference on the topic of class actions in the Queensland Supreme Court and the role of third-party litigation finance.
- International Arbitration – the client’s perspective. Resolution Institute. 15 July 2021.
- Introducing the ACICA Rules 2021. Australian Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (ACICA). 24 June 2021.
- Dispute Finance and the Bar. Level 27 Chambers. 8 June 2020. Brisbane, QLD.
- The way of the future - Arbitration or other options? International Chamber of Commerce Young Arbitrators Forum (ICC YAF). 21 November 2019.
- What Parties Want in Arbitration? Australian Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (ACICA). 21 November 2019.
- Stakeholder perspectives of Crisis Management. 2019 Griffith University Strata Title Conference. 3 September 2019. Brisbane, QLD
- Third Party Dispute Finance. Bar Association of Queensland. 2 March 2019. Brisbane, QLD.
- Expert Evidence in Arbitrations: topical issues. The Queensland Chapter. 23 October 2018. Brisbane, QLD.
- Litigation. North Queensland Law Association Conference. 24 May 2018. Cairns, QLD.