Investment Manager, Senior Legal Counsel, FCIArb
Camilla Godman is an Investment Manager based in London responsible for originating, assessing and managing funded cases internationally with a focus on EMEA and the UK.
Camilla is a cross-border disputes lawyer and a qualified arbitrator with over 20 years’ experience.
Prior to joining Omni Bridgeway, she was a Director at the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb) where she established CIArb’s first office outside the UK, in Asia, and led the strategic growth and development of the global membership.
Camilla began her career in private practice with Ashurst LLP, initially in London and then in Singapore where she developed the firm’s Singapore Disputes’ Practice. She was subsequently Deputy Registrar at the Singapore International Arbitration Centre, where her role included scrutinizing all draft awards and leading the counsel team. She has also completed secondments in-house at Mitsui & Co. Ltd and IBM.
Camilla has been involved in a large number of varied disputes, throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the Middle East. Her experience spans joint venture disputes, class actions, energy, construction and infrastructure disputes, international trade and competition-related disputes.
Camilla is a solicitor advocate with Higher Rights of Audience and is both a Fellow and Faculty member of the CIArb where she teaches arbitration courses. She is a frequent speaker and author on arbitration-related issues as well as third party funding. In the last 10 years, Camilla has collaborated with leaders in the ADR field to develop regional and international ADR policy, notably in 2020 with UK Ministers from the All Party-Parliamentary Group for ADR focusing on the UK’s position as a leading disputes hub.
She holds a Bachelors degree from the University of Oxford, UK.
- Author. The current approach to recovering third party funding costs in arbitration. Omni Bridgeway Insights. January 2022.
- Author. Dispute funding in the U.K. and Singapore: A comparative review and looking ahead. Omni Bridgeway Insights. June 2021.
- Third party funding in Singapore and Hong Kong. CIArb Malaysia. 1 June 2021.
- Walk the Talk with Camilla Godman. PIArb. April 2021
- Third Party Funding in Asia-Latin America Disputes: State of Play and Future Prospects. CIArb Brazil. March 2021.