Chee Chong LauSingapore
Investment Manager, Legal Counsel
Chee Chong is responsible for the strategic assessment and management of cross-border litigation, arbitration and enforcement activities, with a focus on the Asia-Pacific region.
Before joining Omni Bridgeway, Chee Chong practiced as an Advocate and Solicitor of the Singapore High Court at Drew & Napier, and the Singapore offices of Clyde & Co LLP and Holman Fenwick Willan. Chee Chong has experience in all forms of single jurisdictional and cross-jurisdictional commercial disputes in the banking, insurance, aviation, and defence industries (amongst others).
Chee Chong holds a Master of Laws from University College London (on a post-graduate scholarship), and a double degree in Law and Business Management from the Singapore Management University (where he graduated as the top graduating law student).
Chee Chong is admitted as a solicitor of the Senior courts of England and Wales. He is fluent in English and Chinese (Mandarin) and understands basic Chinese (Cantonese).
- Chinese Arbitration Conversations. Mandarin Arbitration Salon. Webinar. 18 July 2023.
- Recent developments in third party funding in Hong Kong and China. HK45 alternative fee arrangements. 27 February 2023.
- Present and future of legal financing. Korea In-house Counsel Association ADR Seminar. 14 October 2022.
- Insolvency disputes in extraordinary times – recent developments in Singapore and beyond. 26 August 2020.
- Malaysia Insolvency Congress 2019. MIA-MICPA-IPAM. 20 November 2019. Kuala Lumpur.