Fiona A. ChaneyLos Angeles
Senior Investment Manager and Legal Counsel
Fiona A. Chaney is a Senior Investment Manager and Legal Counsel for Omni Bridgeway and heads the Los Angeles office while also co-leading the company’s insurance initiatives.
Prior to joining Omni Bridgeway in Los Angeles, Fiona was a trial lawyer for 15 years specializing in insurance coverage with an emphasis in the entertainment, sports, and energy industries. She was a member of Chambers Global ranked groups throughout her years of practice both at AmLaw 100 and boutique firms, including Howrey LLP, Perkins Coie, Dickstein Shapiro, and, most recently, Pasich LLP. Her work in the legal finance industry has been consistently recognized in the Who’s Who Legal: Thought Leaders – Third Party Funding Guide since 2020.
Fiona approaches litigation finance from the perspective of a lawyer who knows both the challenges of large and small law firms as well as the concerns and cost pressures on clients. Her invaluable expertise and consultation helps claimants, lawyers, firms, and companies where needed, stopping short of controlling any litigation, all the while providing due diligence and in-depth analysis of the viability of a potential funded matter for Omni Bridgeway.
Fiona earned her J.D. from Loyola Law School where she was a member of the Order of the Coif. She received her B.A. in Political Science from the University of San Diego. She is an editor and co-author of the New Appleman Sports and Entertainment Insurance Law & Practice Guide (LexisNexis, 2014).
- Author. How Litigation Finance Can Be Utilized in Insurance Cases. Omni Bridgeway Blog. April 29, 2020.
- Author. How Funding Can Help Companies in a Representation and Warranties Insurance Battle. Omni Bridgeway Blog. April 15, 2020.
- Author. Easing the Pain of Corporate Cost Cutting. Bentham IMF Blog. July 31, 2019.
- Author. In Insurance Coverage Disputes, Litigation Funding Eases the Path to Recovery. Bentham IMF Blog. July 10, 2019.
- Understanding and Unlocking the Value of Litigation Finance for Insurance Claims for Both Policyholders and Insurers. Chambers and Partners. December 9, 2021. Webinar.
- Top Tips for Maximizing Insurance Coverage to Save Your Bottom Line. Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC). November 10, 2021. Webinar.
- Navigating Case Valuations, Costs of Litigation and Use of Litigation Funding. Association of Corporate Counsel Southern California (ACC SoCal). August 5, 2021. Webinar.
- Insurance Coverage for COVID-19 Losses: Where We've Been and Where We're Headed. American Bar Association (ABA). March 11, 2021. Webinar.
- Covered the not: Understanding which business losses are covered by common insurance policy clauses and affordable ways to contest coverage denials. Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC). November 10, 2020. Webinar.
- How Litigation Funding Works in Insurance Coverage Claims. Practicing Law Institute (PLI). September 24, 2020. Webinar.
- Disruptors In Insurance Coverage Litigation: 2020 and Beyond. ABA Insurance Coverage Litigation Conference. March 6, 2020.Tucson, AZ.
- New Frontiers in Torts: The Challenges of Science, Technology & Innovation. Southwestern Law School. February 7, 2020. Los Angeles, CA.
- Litigation Finance: What Is It? How Does It Work? Do I Need It and How Can I Get It? Orange County Bar Association. August 2, 2019. Irvine, CA.
- Litigation Finance: What Your Legal Department Needs to Know. Association of Corporate Counsel. June 14-15, 2019. Irvine and El Segundo, CA.
- Big Firm v. Small Firm No More: How Small Firms & Boutiques Are Effectively Litigating Against BigLaw. ABA Section of Litigation & Solo, Small Firm and General Practice Division CLE Conference. May 1-3, 2019. New York, NY.