About Omni Bridgeway
Omni Bridgeway is a global leader in dispute resolution finance, with expertise in civil and common law legal and recovery systems, and operations spanning Asia, Australia, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, the UK and the US.
Omni Bridgeway offers dispute finance from case inception through to post-judgment enforcement and recovery. Since 1986 it has established a proud record of funding disputes and enforcement proceedings around the world.
Omni Bridgeway is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:OBL) and includes the leading dispute funders formerly known as IMF Bentham Limited, Bentham IMF and ROLAND ProzessFinanz. It also includes a joint venture with IFC (part of the World Bank Group). Visit omnibridgeway.com to learn more.
Context for this role hire
This role is required to assist the Global Head of Compliance and Risk in undertaking monitoring and other activities required under the risk and compliance monitoring program.
How to apply
Interested candidates should read the following position description and if our criteria has been met, send a cover letter and resume to: [email protected].
|Job title||Compliance Analyst|
|Reports to||Head of Compliance and Risk|
|Key relationships / stakeholders||Omni Bridgeway management|
The Compliance Analyst will support the Head of Compliance and Risk by undertaking compliance review activities required to support the development of the Omni Bridgeway risk and compliance program.
Key role responsibilities
- Compliance monitoring and testing activities
- Risk register reviews and monitoring
- Maintenance of registers and records
- Discussions with key stakeholders
- Assistance with development of procedures
- Assistance with preparation of Committee reporting
Key role technical and behavioural competencies
- Good communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Strong ethics, judgement and maturity
- Understanding of regulatory compliance requirements
- Pro-active and able to work independently where required
- At least 5 years in a compliance or internal audit role
- Experience in development of compliance monitoring programs
Required education and qualifications
- Professional qualifications (audit, law accounting) preferred
Omni Bridgeway Values and CharacteristicsOur Values
- Transparency and accountability with clients, the industry, regulators, and our shareholders
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
- Partnership with lawyers and counsel to get the best outcome for clients
- Client focus in terms of service and return
- Fairness in the support of meritorious claims and to ensure that the investment process is characterised by good faith and fair dealing among claimants, counsel and the public, while providing increased access to justice
- Rigour in our approach to case selection and management
- Leadership – we lead by example and are working to build a more transparent, reputable and sustainable industry
- Decisive - we evaluate and expedite the large and small decisions about risk and ongoing management of cases
- Collaborative - we offer a fresh perspective to our clients and to one another, we are one company with offices on three continents
- Approachable - we are open, honest and clear in all our business dealings
- Ethical - our IMs and Legal Counsel hold themselves to the highest professional standards
- Confident - we are self-assured and inspire the trust of our clients based on our track record, the quality and experience of our IMs and the know-how we share from our experience as international litigation funders
- An acceptable level of risk associated with our incentives