Investment Manager and Legal Counsel
About Omni Bridgeway
As an Investment Manager and Legal Counsel, you will be responsible for: marketing and business development activities to attract new funding opportunities, conducting due diligence on funding opportunities, providing advice and recommendations about funding matters, providing ongoing monitoring of funded matters, and helping to execute the company’s strategic goals and business growth.
This position will work in close collaboration with the Head of Omni Bridgeway’s Latin America Group and ultimately reports to the US Chief Investment Officers.
Omni Bridgeway is continuing to grow across the globe, and we are looking to further expand our funding activities in the Latin American market. We are looking for a lawyer with extensive experience litigating international arbitrations involving Latin American parties and/or disputes in Latin America who can contribute to Omni Bridgeway’s Latin America Group and help drive our growth in Latin America.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated and goal-focused individual who embraces a collaborative, team-based environment.
This position requires you to undertake a broad range of duties, such as the performance of marketing activities that include meeting and speaking with lawyers/law firms, in-house corporate counsel and other prospective work sources, presenting at conferences/seminars/meetings, writing blogs and articles for publication, and speaking with the media as necessary. You will also engage in the undertaking of business, legal and/or financial analysis of relevant markets, market conditions, or other issues.
The Investment Manager and Legal Counsel position also includes conducting due diligence on prospective funding opportunities (including analyzing financial and legal issues, communicating directly with claimants and their counsel, and conducting factual investigations), preparing and negotiating term sheets, providing recommendations as to the appropriateness of funding matters, and preparing and presenting submissions to Omni Bridgeway’s Investment Committee.
You are expected to oversee funded investments by maintaining client and lawyer communications, monitoring case progress and developments, conferring on strategic issues, considering settlement issues, managing litigation fees and expenses, and liaising with industry and other stakeholders as required.
Desired Skills & Experience
- a law degree with 8 or more years of arbitration experience;
- experience in both investment and commercial arbitration would be a plus;
- a strong network in Latin American market;
- native or fluent in Spanish;
- native or fluent in Portuguese would be a plus;
- ability to travel;
- strong interpersonal skills;
- strong written communication skills;
- good public speaking skills and experience;
- marketing or business development experience;
- strong financial and business acumen; and
- the ability to be self-motivated, results-driven and thorough.
Benefits of Joining our Team
- This is an opportunity to take an entrepreneurial role with a market leader in the high-growth dispute funding and legal risk management market; being part of the expansion of Omni Bridgeway into the Latin American market.
- This role allows for you to use your legal skills on high profile matters, outside an hourly-fee business model. Joining Omni Bridgeway also offers the opportunity to be part of a talented global team.
- A competitive remuneration package, including a base salary and opportunity to participate in Omni Bridgeway’s Incentive Compensation programs.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: [email protected]