Investment Manager, Construction Disputes
About Omni Bridgeway
Omni Bridgeway is the global leader in litigation funding, with 35 years’ experience and track record in both civil and common law disputes as well as in global cross border enforcement matters. Omni Bridgeway is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:OBL) and has the world’s largest dispute finance team, with 185+ talented professionals working from 21 locations across 12 countries.
Our team of legal, funding and recovery experts are some of the most skilled leaders in their fields. Our strategy is based on local teams with local expertise and networks, working together in international teams to provide global solutions and services to our worldwide client base. A highly collaborative approach is an important part of our company culture.
Both globally and in EMEA, Omni Bridgeway has the largest funding team, with a physical presence in 7 markets and activities throughout the region. We are rapidly growing and seeking exceptional and collaborative dispute resolution experts to further expand our footprint in the EMEA region
About the position
Omni Bridgeway is seeking a Dubai based, legally qualified investment manager with extensive experience in construction disputes to increase the capability of its EMEA and global investment team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing a portfolio of construction claims in the Middle East.
- Further expanding Omni Bridgeway’s presence in the region.
- Acting as a global subject matter expert on construction disputes.
The role will appeal to candidates who enjoy high-growth, entrepreneurial and international environments and are comfortable being both strategic and hands-on in the way they operate.
|Job title:||Investment Manager, Construction Disputes|
|Office location:||Dubai, UAE (for exceptional candidates, alterative locations or arrangements may be possible)|
|Reports to:||Managing Director EMEA|
- Due diligence on factual and legal issues of potential investments.
- Considering the financial metrics of applications (including budgets, funding and return structures, risk sharing arrangements).
- Negotiating funding terms and return structures.
- Preparing for and presenting to investment committee(s).
- Assisting the legal team with the funding documentation.
Managing funded cases
- Monitoring and managing the progress of funded cases, including continuing assessment of prospects of success and recoverability as well as managing external advisers on timelines and budget.
- Adding value in strategic direction and settlement discussions.
Business development and marketing
- Coordinate business development activities with the EMEA investment and marketing teams
- Source investment opportunities in relation to construction disputes across the Middle East.
- Identify and pursue valuable law firm and client relationships across the Middle East.
- Driving and contributing to business development activities such as thought leadership, panels and events.
- Cross-selling Omni Bridgeway’s other global funding capabilities.
About the person
- Law degree
- Additional education in complementary fields such as finance a plus.
Experience and Expertise
- At least 8-10 years post qualification professional experience.
- Admitted to practice (or qualified for admission to practice) in one or more jurisdictions.
- Mid to senior level experience in construction disputes with a proven track record of handling complex cases.
- Strong existing and relevant network at a senior level across law firms, advisory firms and corporates (including construction companies) in Dubai / the Middle East, and a proven ability to build upon that network.
- Confidence in financial settings, including financial concepts and terminology used in investment management.
- Demonstrated ability to positively impact workplace culture.
- Experience in interacting with a diverse team of technical experts across multiple jurisdictions.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with and influence stakeholders.
- Valid residence visa in Dubai or Abu Dhabi a plus.
- Analytical thinking – strong ability to identify key issues and manage processes from inception to completion.
- Relationship management - ability to develop mutually beneficial relationships with all stakeholders.
- Communication – strong ability to create and deliver well-crafted verbal and written communication and reporting.
- Collaborative team player.
- Self-motivated, results-driven and thorough.
- Public speaking skills; marketing or business development experience.
Benefits of Joining our Team
- A truly entrepreneurial role with the market leader in the dispute funding industry; being part of the expansion of Omni Bridgeway in EMEA and globally.
- Leveraging legal skills on high profile matters, outside an hourly-fee business model.
- Being a member a rapidly growing, talented and collaborative global team.
- Competitive remuneration package, including the opportunity to participate in Omni Bridgeway’s Incentive Compensation programs.