IT Support and Compliance Engineer
Context for this role hire
We are looking to fill an IT Support & Compliance Engineer role providing internally facing support to our growing global user base. This position is incredibly varied and will provide opportunities to be involved with all facets of IT including providing desktop & server support, hardware/virtualisation, IT Hardware and Software procurement, and IT Security Compliance checks. Ideally the successful candidate will demonstrate a strong work ethic, a willingness to help resolve support issues in an efficient, prompt manner exhibiting good customer care during the process and be willing to learn & grow their experience.
|Job title||IT Support and Compliance Engineer|
|Reports to||Brian Roy|
|Direct reports||Robert Riggio|
|Key relationships / stakeholders||Omni Bridgeway staff and IT vendors|
Key role responsibilities
- Support employees to resolve computer software/hardware issues.
- Diagnose and resolve network related issues (including office network connectivity issues, home internet connectivity and VPN issues).
- IT Hardware and Software procurement – liaising with key vendors.
- Install computer hardware, software and peripherals for new employees and employees working from home.
- Imaging PC’s with our Standard Operating Environment (SOE).
- Document on-going compliance checklists for backups, cyber security training and firewall incidents.
- Document departmental knowledge articles and processes.
- Maintain hardware asset lists such as Pc’s and mobile phones.
- Maintenance of computer inventory and software patches using our desktop management solution.
- Learn and maintain a thorough working knowledge of the day-to-day operating environment, available tools, and client applications.
- Adhere to established IT Policies, procedures and standards and ensure conformance with information systems, goals and procedures.
- Perform onboarding and on-going IT training for our core applications.
- May be required to perform duties outside normal working hours.
Key role technical and behavioural competencies
- Minimum 2 years experience in the IT Field.
- Works well unsupervised and is highly motivated.
- Excellent Customer service – Strong verbal communication skills; effectively communicate with internal customers and external stakeholders. Additionally, strong written skills for documentation of IT Tickets, email, documentation of knowledge articles and IT processes.
- Strong IT troubleshooting skills – ability to think outside the square, efficiently diagnose and resolve IT issues over email, phone and in person.
- Perform IT compliance and monitoring checks to ensure monthly reporting requirements are met.
- Experience and working knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange 2016 and above, workstation and networking technologies (Windows 2012 and greater, Windows 10, MacOS, Office etc).
- Experience with Security, Antivirus and Email spam solutions.
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN and networking equipment/infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of SaaS cloud services is desirable.
Required education and qualifications
- Vendor certification or University degree.
- ITIL Foundation Certification desirable.
Key Performance Indicators
|Key Performance Area||Key Performance Indicator||Measure||Target|
|IT Service Desk Tickets||Ensure all IT Service Desk tickets are acknowledged and responded to within 24 hours.||SLA timing < 24 hours per incident||100%|
|Internal customer feedback||Ensure positive feedback from key stakeholders.||Service Desk Reporting & Customer Feedback||Rating >= 4/5|
|IT Projects||Ensure IT projects are completed within agreed timeframe||Completion of Projects within agreed timeframe||100%|
Omni Bridgeway Values and Characteristics
- Transparency and accountability with clients, the industry, regulators, and our shareholders
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
- Partnership with lawyers and counsel to get the best outcome for clients
- Client focus in terms of service and return
- Fairness in the support of meritorious claims and to ensure that the investment process is characterised by good faith and fair dealing among claimants, counsel and the public, while providing increased access to justice
- Rigour in our approach to case selection and management
- Leadership – we lead by example and are working to build a more transparent, reputable and sustainable industry
- Decisive - we evaluate and expedite the large and small decisions about risk and ongoing management of cases
- Collaborative - we offer a fresh perspective to our clients and to one another, we are one company with offices on three continents
- Approachable - we are open, honest and clear in all our business dealings
- Ethical - our IMs and Legal Counsel hold themselves to the highest professional standards
- Confident - we are self-assured and inspire the trust of our clients based on our track record, the quality and experience of our IMs and the know-how we share from our experience as international litigation fundersAn acceptable level of risk associated
with our incentives