Manager / Sr. Manager, Marketing and BD (US)
As Manager, Marketing and Business Development you will provide strategic and operational marketing and business development support for three US offices (San Francisco, Los Angeles, Houston) as well as for other regions, business lines, and projects as required as a member of the US and global marketing team.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing and BD and working closely with the Global Chief Marketing Officer (GMCO), Co-Chief Investment Officer-US, and investment managers, you will be a key player in advancing the team’s strategic efforts to generate new client relationships, expand existing relationships, and elevate the company’s market profile.
Based in San Francisco, the ideal candidate is agile, self-starting, and comfortable managing multiple priorities within a fast-paced, dynamic, and growing organization. The ability to establish credibility with senior stakeholders and exercise excellent judgment and problem-solving skills is critical.
Planning and Reporting
- Develop marketing and BD plans with the Director, investment managers, and key stakeholders for business units, specific markets / geographies, and individual investment managers across all marketing, communication, and BD channels.
- Proactively drive plan progress including research and analysis, marketing and communications tactics, coaching, data capture, assessing ROI and outcomes, and reporting progress.
- Manage, track and provide support for all BD and marketing activity (BD trips, pitches, conferences, sponsorships, panels etc.) for the (3) offices and other areas as needed. Optimize, analyze and report activity, success stories, and lessons learned.
- With internal stakeholders, advise on and develop proposals and pitches for new business opportunities including research and CRM data gathering, articulating value proposition, drafting / editing and project managing presentations and materials, advising / coaching pitch teams, and supporting all related deliverables and workflows (for example, Legal and Compliance sign-off when required).
- Develop and maintain materials for sales proposals and pitches including credentials statements, case-studies, team profiles, template PowerPoint slides, and meeting agendas.
- Based on knowledge of the company’s BD and marketing plans and priorities, act as a key “connector” in identifying potential cross-selling or cross-marketing opportunities across the US and globally, collaborating regularly with colleagues.
- Obtain feedback, analyze sales success, and co-develop recommendations with the Director
Data, Analysis and Reporting
- Undertake research (e.g., competitors, market trends) for use in BD and marketing strategies and communications.
- Track metrics to measure group and individual ROI on marketing activities, progress, and BD results against plans.
- Leverage and champion use of CRM and internal databases, as well as external research resources (e.g., S&P Global Market Intelligence)
- Deliver concise and insightful summaries, recommendations and reports on BD and marketing initiatives.
Marketing and Communications
- Develop and project manage first-rate company-hosted conferences and client events.
- Proactively identify, evaluate, and recommend external conference opportunities, panel / speaking opportunities, and other profiling opportunities aligned to business strategy.
- Develop and execute marketing strategies to promote company / group and IM initiatives (e.g., social media, individual outreach, PR and media). Project manage and report involvement and ROI.
- Create marketing collateral as required (e.g., brochures, flyers, factsheets, and guides) aligned to global brand standards, working with the design team.
- Develop marketing content for external and internal audiences across channels (including LinkedIn posts, website content, legal directory submissions, and the internal global newsletter) for target audiences.
Lead or support other projects as required.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and growing organization where you have the chance to build, create and make an impact.
Desired Skills and Experience
- To be considered, candidates must have 5-7 years of relevant marketing and/or business development experience, with a minimum of 3 years at the Manager level ideally within law firms. Professional services or financial services experience will also be considered.
- Candidates must possess a relevant Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. A master’s or law degree is desirable.
- Experience in writing B2B marketing communications
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral, in a corporate setting
- Excellent attention to detail / accuracy.
- Strong process orientation, project management and organizational skills - demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strategic, proactive perspective, excellent work ethic, and intellectual curiosity.
- Creative and collaborative approach.
- Excellent Computer / IT skills (Microsoft Office Suite; CRM and eMarketing systems) and an interest and ability to learn new systems
How to apply
To apply, please email our recruiter at [email protected]