About Omni Bridgeway
Omni Bridgeway is a global leader in dispute resolution finance, with expertise in civil and common law legal and recovery systems, and operations spanning Asia, Australia, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, the UK and the US.
Omni Bridgeway offers dispute finance from case inception through to post-judgment enforcement and recovery. Since 1986 it has established a proud record of funding disputes and enforcement proceedings around the world.
Omni Bridgeway is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:OBL) and includes the leading dispute funders formerly known as IMF Bentham Limited, Bentham IMF and ROLAND ProzessFinanz. It also includes a joint venture with IFC (part of the World Bank Group). Visit omnibridgeway.com to learn more.
Context for this role hire
Having achieved impressive organic growth and international expansion, Omni Bridgeway is now seeking to further strengthen the organisation through the appointment of a Financial Accountant for the EMEA region. Following the merger in 2019 Omni Bridgeway has implemented a new accounting system (NetSuite Oracle) and will continue to further align financial processes and systems within the Group. The Financial Accountant is an important part of this continuously developing environment.
The successful candidate will be (jointly) responsible for the administration of more than 20 different legal entities within the EMEA region. The daily business includes processing debtors, creditors, bank payments and general ledger transactions together with preparing management accounts reports.
You are supported to develop both professional skills as well as personality in order to make next steps and build a successful career within the company. A challenging position with high responsibilities from the start and growth opportunities.
How to apply
Interested candidates should read the following position description and if our criteria has been met, send a cover letter and resume to: [email protected] (to the attention of Mr. Thijs Heerens)
|Job title||Financial Accountant|
|Office location||Amsterdam (Schiphol)|
|Reports to||Financial Controller EMEA|
|Direct reports||Chief Financial Officer EMEA|
|Key relationships / stakeholders||Working together with the Finance team EMEA based in Amsterdam (5 FTE), Germany (1 FTE) and Dubai (1 FTE), as well as with the Finance team in Australia (Sydney)|
Key role responsibilities
- Maintain, coordinate and support the financial and business administration of the company. This includes the accounting system, electronic banking systems, processing monthly expense claims, payments and invoices;
- Effectively interpret and implement specific financial guidelines;
- Ensure the accuracy of accounting entries and account reconciliations;
- Support month-end, quarter and year-end closing activities;
- Prepare, coordinate, and support the timely, accurate and compliant reporting to internal and external stakeholders. This includes, financial, management, investor and business reporting, in coordination with external parties, such as auditors or regulators;
- Drive initiatives in cross departmental projects regarding continuous improvements and optimization;
- Support and assist the general operations of the company and any ad-hoc projects or analyses as requested.
Key role technical and behavioural competencies
- Analytical thinking - ability to analyse financial information and identify key issues
- Willingness to go the extra mile;
- Collaboration - ability to work with others and contribute in a hands-on way towards achievement of a common goal;
- Self-starter (initiates projects rather than waiting for them to be assigned)
- Well-organized and good time management skills.
- 0-4 years professional experience in a financial environment as assistant accountant or similar finance related position;
- Solid knowledge of accounting and related standard business processes like expenditure, monthly reporting and payroll;
- Evaluate and apply effective internal controls and support emerging business requirements.
- Technical accounting knowledge (Dutch GAAP and IFRS);
- Microsoft office skills in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- Ability to cope with a fast, dynamic organization and manage competing priorities;
- Developed analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong written, oral, presentation and interpersonal communications in English and the ability to work together with and influence stakeholders.
Required education and qualifications
- HBO degree or WO master’s degree in Business Administration, Business Economics, Accountancy or a similar related studies;
- Additional education or voluntary jobs in Finance or Law is preferable.
Omni Bridgeway Values and Characteristics
- Transparency and accountability with clients, the industry, regulators, and our shareholders
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
- Partnership with lawyers and counsel to get the best outcome for clients
- Client focus in terms of service and return
- Fairness in the support of meritorious claims and to ensure that the investment process is characterised by good faith and fair dealing among claimants, counsel and the public, while providing increased access to justice
- Rigour in our approach to case selection and management
- Leadership – we lead by example and are working to build a more transparent, reputable and sustainable industry
- Decisive - we evaluate and expedite the large and small decisions about risk and ongoing management of cases
- Collaborative - we offer a fresh perspective to our clients and to one another, we are one company with offices on three continents
- Approachable - we are open, honest and clear in all our business dealings
- Ethical - our IMs and Legal Counsel hold themselves to the highest professional standards
- Confident - we are self-assured and inspire the trust of our clients based on our track record, the quality and experience of our IMs and the know-how we share from our experience as international litigation fundersAn acceptable level of risk associated with our incentives