About Omni Bridgeway
Omni Bridgeway is the global leader in financing, managing and investing in legal risks, with expertise in civil and common law systems, and operations spanning Australia, Asia, the UK, EMEA and North America.
Omni Bridgeway offers capital and project management services for clients from case inception through to post-judgment enforcement and recovery. Since 1986 it has established a record of success for clients around the world.
Omni Bridgeway is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:OBL) and has the world’s largest dispute finance team, with 170+ talented professionals working from 18 locations across 10 countries. It also includes a joint venture with IFC (part of the World Bank Group).
Context for this role hire
Having achieved impressive organic growth and international expansion, Omni Bridgeway is now seeking to further strengthen the organisation through the appointment of a Financial Accountant for the EMEA region. Following the merger in 2019 Omni Bridgeway has implemented a new accounting system (NetSuite Oracle) and will continue to further align financial processes and systems within the Group. The Financial Accountant Germany is an important part of this continuously developing environment. The position is primarily a temporary replacement for a period of 1 year until the end of December 2022, with an option to extend afterwards.
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for the administration Omni Bridgeway’s German office as well as supporting colleagues with the administration of more than 20 different legal entities within the EMEA region. The daily business includes processing debtors, creditors, bank payments and general ledger transactions together with preparing management accounts reports.
You are supported to develop both professional skills as well as personality in order to make next steps and build a successful career within the company. A challenging position with high responsibilities from the start and growth opportunities.
How to apply
Interested candidates should read the following position description and if the criteria are met, send a cover letter and resume to: [email protected] (to the attention of Mr. Thijs Heerens)
|Job title:||Financial Accountant Germany|
|Office location:||Amsterdam (Schiphol) & Cologne (Germany)|
|Reports to:||Financial Controller EMEA|
|Direct reports:||Chief Financial Officer EMEA, Office Head Cologne|
|Key relationships / stakeholders:||Working together with the Finance team EMEA based in Amsterdam (5 FTE) and Dubai (1 FTE), as well as with the Finance team in Australia (Sydney)|
|Contract initially for circa 1 year until the end of December 2022, with the possibility to be extended afterwards|
Key role responsibilities
- Maintain, coordinate and support the financial and business administration of the company. This includes the accounting system, electronic banking systems, processing monthly expense claims, payments and invoices;
- Effectively interpret and implement specific financial guidelines;
- Ensure the accuracy of accounting entries and account reconciliations;
- Support month-end, quarter and year-end closing activities;
- Prepare, coordinate, and support the timely, accurate and compliant reporting to internal and external stakeholders. This includes, financial, management, investor and business reporting, in coordination with external parties, such as auditors or regulators;
- Drive initiatives in cross departmental projects regarding continuous improvements and optimization;
- Support and assist the general operations of the company and any ad-hoc projects or analyses as requested.
Key role technical and behavioural competencies
- Analytical thinking - ability to analyse financial information and identify key issues
- Willingness to go the extra mile;
- Collaboration - ability to work with others and contribute in a hands-on way towards achievement of a common goal;
- Self-starter (initiates projects rather than waiting for them to be assigned)
- Well-organized and good time management skills.
- 0-4 years professional experience in a financial environment as assistant controller or similar finance related position;
- Solid knowledge of accounting and related standard business processes like expenditure, monthly reporting and payroll;
- Evaluate and apply effective internal controls and support emerging business requirements.
- Technical accounting knowledge (German GAAP, Dutch GAAP and IFRS);
- Experience with NetSuite Oracle is highly preferred;
- Microsoft office skills in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- Ability to cope with a fast, dynamic organization and manage competing priorities;
- Developed analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong written, oral, presentation and interpersonal communications in English and German (not fluent) and the ability to work together with and influence stakeholders.
- You will primarily be based in our Amsterdam office, while incidentally travelling to our office in Cologne, Germany, and during peak moments more structurally.
Required education and qualifications
- HBO degree or WO master’s degree in Business Administration, Business Economics, Accountancy or a similar related studies;
- Additional education or voluntary jobs in Finance or Law is preferable.
Omni Bridgeway Values and Characteristics
- Transparency and accountability with clients, the industry, regulators, and our shareholders
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
- Partnership with lawyers and counsel to get the best outcome for clients
- Client focus in terms of service and return
- Fairness in the support of meritorious claims and to ensure that the investment process is characterised by good faith and fair dealing among claimants, counsel and the public, while providing increased access to justice
- Rigour in our approach to case selection and management
- Leadership – we lead by example and are working to build a more transparent, reputable and sustainable industry
- Decisive - we evaluate and expedite the large and small decisions about risk and ongoing management of cases
- Collaborative - we offer a fresh perspective to our clients and to one another, we are one company with offices on three continents
- Approachable - we are open, honest and clear in all our business dealings
- Ethical - our IMs and Legal Counsel hold themselves to the highest professional standards
- Confident - we are self-assured and inspire the trust of our clients based on our track record, the quality and experience of our IMs and the know-how we share from our experience as international litigation funders
- An acceptable level of risk associated with our incentives