Investment Manager, Legal Counsel
About Omni Bridgeway
Context for this role hire
Omni Bridgeway is continuing to grow across the globe, and we are looking to further expand our enforcement funding and management activities in the North American market. We are looking for a legally qualified investment manager who can contribute to the Enforcement team and drive our growth in North America.
|Job title||Investment Manager, Legal Counsel|
|Office location||New York (US)|
|Reports to||Chief Investment Officer - US. In addition, there will be close coordination with the global enforcement team and management in EMEA.|
|Direct reports||Director Enforcement|
|Key relationships / stakeholders||US, EMEA and APAC enforcement and general investment teams and global clients with US-related enforcement needs.|
Key role responsibilities
You will be responsible for:
Business Development and Marketing
- Sourcing investment opportunities in the following areas:
- Judgment and award enforcement and monetization.
- Debt claims and non-performing loans.
- Portfolio funding tied to the above.
- Assisting the effort of informing and educating the North American market – both new and existing clients - about Omni Bridgeway’s enforcement funding and management capabilities.
- Presenting at conferences, writing articles, attending marketing functions; and liaising with industry participants and other stakeholders, as required.
Reviewing applications for funding
- Analyzing factual and legal issues associated with applications for funding and, including the strategy for and likelihood of a successful recovery.
- Considering the economic metrics of applications (including budgets, funding and return structures and risk-sharing arrangements).
- Preparing due diligence analysis for, and present that analysis to, the Company’s investment committee/s.
- Assisting the legal team in the preparation of funding documentation.
Managing Funded Cases
- Actively devising and managing (cross border) enforcement strategies for new and existing funded cases, working with colleagues from the US and the Enforcement team, including researchers and asset tracers.
- Monitoring the progress of funded cases, including continuing assessment of prospects of success and recoverability.
- Adding value in strategic direction and settlement discussions.
- Expanding the know-how of the Enforcement team on enforcement strategies available in the US and offshore jurisdictions.
Required core capabilities
- Highly motivated individual with a law degree. Admitted to practice (or qualified for admission to practice) in the US.
- Capabilities in foreign languages (preferably Spanish) would be a plus.
- At least 5 years work experience as a lawyer in a (asset recovery / legal enforcement related practice).
- Proven track record in applying the measures available under US law to identify and seize assets in order to recover against able but unwilling debtors (sovereign and semi-sovereign nations, corporations, wealthy individuals, etc.).
- Experience in cross-border enforcement matters including offshore jurisdictions, matters involving fraud and actions to collect evidence for use in foreign proceedings under 28 U.S.C. § 1782.
- Driven team player, proactive, open-minded, and creative, with a strong sense of responsibility.
Benefits of joining our team
- This is an opportunity to take an entrepreneurial role with a market leader in the high-growth litigation funding and legal risk management market; being part of the expansion of Omni Bridgeway into the North American enforcement market.
- This role allows for legal responsibilities on high profile matters, outside an hourly fee business model. Joining Omni Bridgeway also offers the opportunity to be part of a talented global team across 18 locations in Australia, Asia, the UK, EMEA and North America.
- On offer is a competitive remuneration package, including a base salary and participation in Omni Bridgeway’s Incentive Compensation programs.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application including a cover letter and resume to: [email protected]