Investment Manager and Legal Counsel,
Head of Latin America Group
Annie Lespérance is an Investment Manager and Legal Counsel in Omni Bridgeway's Montreal office, where she sources and assesses investments in international arbitration and commercial litigation matters. She works with litigants to structure funding deals that address their unique needs and provide them insights, when requested, as their cases progress. Annie is also Head of our Latin America Group, with responsibility for leading Omni Bridgeway’s commercial arbitration, litigation funding and judgment enforcement efforts in Latin America.
- Author. Canada Encourages Gender Equality and Diversity in its Modernized FIPA Model. ArbitralWomen. 27 May 2021.
- Co-Author. Third-Party Funding and Covid-19. Kluwer Book: International Arbitration and the Covid-19 Revolution. October 2020.
- The flight of the award. The importance of enforcement. Open de Arbitraje. 4-5 May 2022. Madrid, Spain.
- Creating leverage: How technology companies can use investment treaties to mitigate regulatory risk. CPR Annual Conference. 3 March 2022. Webinar.
- Accelerated Route to Fellowship Course. Tutor – Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. 10-11 December 2021. Miami.
- Dispute Funding: A Tool to Grow your Arbitration Practice. Chambers & Partners. 8 December 2021. Webinar
- Enforcement and Monetization of Arbitral Awards. Sao Paulo Arbitration Week. 19 October 2021. Webinar
- Funding and Arbitration. ADRIC Arbitration Forum (part of CanArbWeek). 21 September 2021. Webinar.
- Accelerated Route to Fellowship Course. Tutor – Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. 19-20, 26-27 August 2021. Online
- Perspectives on Dispute Funding in Latin America. Latin Lawyer, Lexology, GAR. 16 June 2021. Webinar.
- Hot Topics in International Arbitration. Western Canada Commercial Arbitration Society Annual Conference. 4 May 2021. Webinar.
- From the Trenches: Arbitration 101. YCAP Spring Symposium. 3 May 2021. Webinar.
- Le financement de différends. Guest Lecturer Diplôme universitaire de droit international économique africain (Paris II). 24 March 2021. Webinar
- The Art of Settling Investment Disputes. GAR Live BITs. 21 January 2021. Webinar.
- Third Party Funding in International Arbitration. Atlanta Arbitration Society (AtlAS) Annual Conference. 10 December 2020. Webinar.
- Le financement d’arbitrages. Guest Lecturer Master 2 BTFML (Paris XI). 1 December 2020. Webinar.
- Las ventajas, desventajas de TPF y experiencias. ICC YAF Latin American Chapter. 14 October 2020. Webinar.
- The New Business of Litigation. Benchmark Women in Litigation Vancouver Forum. 8 October 2020. Webinar.
- Is the Future of Arbitration made of Virtual Insanity. ICC YAF/YCAP Fall Symposium (part of CanArbWeek). 24 September 2020. Webinar.
- Peer-to-Peer Discussion. ADRIC Symposium. 30 July 2020. Webinar.
- Legal Practices in Canada. Guest Lecturer Business Law LLM (Université de Montréal). 1 November 2019. Montréal.
- Hot Topics in International Arbitration. ICC YAF Atlanta. 8 September 2019, Atlanta.