Investment Manager, Legal Counsel
Eric Chenoweth, head of Omni Bridgeway’s Houston office, is a trial lawyer experienced in representing plaintiffs and defendants in complex business, commercial and intellectual property cases.
As an Investment Manager and Legal Counsel for Omni Bridgeway, he helps the company invest in winning cases and law firm portfolios.
With 15 years’ prior experience at a law firm recognized by The National Law Journal as one of the top 10 litigation-only firms in the country, Eric is well-equipped to help law firms and clients with funding solutions. Among his notable engagements, he obtained a unanimous jury verdict of patent infringement and the full amount of lost profits for a plaintiff in a multi-defendant infringement suit concerning engine exhaust systems used on offshore oil rigs. He also successfully represented a plaintiff in a trial involving claims arising from an insurer’s breach of contract to insure and repair property damage. The verdict was one of the top 100 national and top 25 Texas verdicts that year.
Eric earned his Juris Doctor from The University of Virginia School of Law, where he was the winner of the Lile Moot Court Competition. He received his Bachelor of Science in Environmental Engineering from Syracuse University, where he was an Academic All-American and captain of the football team. He is admitted to practice law in Texas and before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office. He holds the honor of being selected for Best Lawyers in America® in Intellectual Property Litigation in 2015, 2016 and 2017 and recognized in Who’s Who Legal: Thought Leaders – Third Party Funding 2020 Guide.
- Co-author. Litigation Funding Series Part II: When Can We Fund? The Texas Lawbook. November 28, 2018.
- Co-author. Litigation Funding Series Part I: Is Funding Right for My Case? The Texas Lawbook. August 20, 2018.
- Author. The Ethics of Litigation Funding in Texas. The Texas Lawbook. February 28, 2018.
- Author. Ethical Litigation Funding in Texas. Bentham IMF Blog. December 13, 2017.
- Author. Could Litigation Finance Help Save the Oil & Gas Industry? Global Banking & Finance Review. August 18, 2017.
- Author. Could Litigation Finance Help Save the Oil & Gas Industry? Bentham IMF Blog. August 2, 2017.
- Author. Launching a Litigation Boutique Firm with Portfolio Funding. Bentham IMF Blog. July 11, 2017.
- Author. For Once, a Value-Add that Reduces Corporate Legal Spend. The Texas Lawbook. July 10, 2017.
- Author. Oil & Gas Industry Alert: How Litigation Funding Can Aid in the Industry’s Recovery. Bentham IMF Blog. May 24, 2017.
- Author. Creating New Value for Clients with Litigation Funding. The Texas Lawbook. May 9, 2017.
- What You Really Need To Know (That You May Not Know) To Do Your Job As In-House Counsel. ACC Houston Chapter. December 6, 2018, Houston, TX.
- Drilling into Litigation Finance: Common Questions and Ethical Issues Attorneys Should Understand about this Emerging Resource. Institute for Energy Law 17th Annual Energy Litigation Conference. November 8, 2018, Houston, TX.
- Litigation: How to Effectively Manage Disputes in a Brave New World. Institute for Energy Law 7th Oilfield Services Law Conference. October 12, 2017, Houston, TX.