Investment Manager, Head of New Zealand
Gavin Beardsell is an Investment Manager based in Omni Bridgeway's Sydney office, responsible for managing funding opportunities in Australia and New Zealand.
- Co-author. Dispute finance for companies in New Zealand. Practice note. Thomson Reuters Practical Law. March 2020.
- Author. How insurers can use dispute finance to reduce risk in subrogation and reinsurance cases. Omni Bridgeway Blog. 12 March 2020.
- Co-author. Federal Court approval of funding commission recognises risks faced by funders. Lawyerly. 9 September 2019.
- Author. Litigation funding for insurers. IMF Bentham Blog. 22 March 2018.
- Co-author. Directors’ and Officers’ Liability Insurance. Practice Note. Thomson Reuters Practical Law Australia. September 2017.
- Co-author. Section 6 gone but not forgotten – the ‘no utility’ legacy. Mondaq. 20 July 2017.
- Co-author. Proper construction of an exclusion clause in a D&O policy - Oz Minerals Holdings Pty Ltd & Ors v AIG Australia Ltd  VSC 185. May 2015.
- Author. The High Court of Australia’s decision concerning section 54 of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth). Maxwell v Highway Hauliers Pty Ltd  HCA 33. September 2014.
- Author. Liability of rating agencies, financial institutions and resellers of complex financial products. ABN Amro Bank NV v Bathurst Regional Council  FCAFC 65. July 2014.
- Author. Liability of a financial adviser for losses suffered as a result of investments in complex financial products. Wingecarribee Shire Council v Lehman Brothers Australia Ltd (in liq)  FCA 1028. September 2012.
- Replacing combustible cladding? The class action you need to know about. Your Strata Property podcast. 14 May 2019. Sydney, NSW.
- Combustible cladding class actions. Webinar Facilitator. 6 March 2019.
- Panel Discussion: Creative and modern approaches to managing disputes. Lexvoco In-House Counsel Masterclass Program. 18 August 2018. Sydney, NSW.