George R. HendyMontreal
Senior Advisor - Quebec
George R. Hendy, Ad.E., Senior Advisor-Quebec, led Omni Bridgeway's entry into Quebec, with a focus on sourcing and assessing investment opportunities for the company.
George has over 45 years of experience before the courts and has practiced as a litigator at leading Canadian law firms Ogilvy Renault (now Norton Rose), Phillips & Vineberg (now Davies, Ward, Philipps and Vineberg LLP) and Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP. As Senior Advisor-Quebec, he applies that experience to conduct due diligence on matters that law firms and corporations propose for funding from Omni Bridgway.
While in private practice, he concentrated on corporate and commercial litigation, including pension fund litigation, international arbitration, unfair competition, product liability, class actions, commercial fraud, shareholder disputes, oppression remedies, fiduciary duties of departing employees, unjust dismissals, employment law and contractual disputes of all kinds. In addition to possessing a depth of experience practising law, George is extremely well equipped to serve in a strategic advisor capacity to Omni Bridgeway. He has served on the boards of directors for several corporations and organizations, including as Director and Chairman of the Board of Bishop's University Foundation, Director and Chairman of the Board of Exo U Inc., Director of H2 Biopharma Inc., Director and Chairman of the Board of Reddy Memorial Hospital – Montreal. He is also actively involved in the Canadian Bar Association, having served as President of the Quebec branch, Chair of LPAC, and Chair of the Law for the Future Fund. Additionally, he is a member of "Chambre de sécurité financière".
George's contributions to the legal and business communities have earned him widespread recognition, including:
- American College of Trial Lawyers (ACTL), Fellow
- Advocatus Emeritus: Quebec Bar
- Fondation du Barreau du Québec, Governor Emeritus
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory: Litigation (Corporate/Commercial)
- Chambers Global: The World's Leading Business Lawyers: Dispute Resolution
- The Best Lawyers in Canada: Bet-The-Company Litigation; Class Action Litigation; Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Benchmark Litigation Canada: Class Action; General Commercial Arbitration
- Douglas Miller Award, CBA
Bishop,s University Alumnus of the Year
He graduated from Bishop's University (Honours Chemistry) and McGill Law School (BCL). He is fluent in French and English.