John HarabedianLos Angeles
Investment Manager and Legal Counsel
John Harabedian is an Investment Manager and Legal Counsel in Omni Bridgeway’s Los Angeles office, where he focuses on financing solutions for corporate and law firm clients. John has particular expertise in funding cases for larger Fortune 500 companies on a stand-alone basis and as part of law firm portfolios.
John started his career as an investment banker working on mergers and acquisitions and capital raises for middle-market companies across all industries and sectors. After graduating from Stanford Law School, John served as law clerk to Judge Josephine Staton of the United States District Court for the Central District of California. He then joined the litigation department of Latham & Watkins LLP in Los Angeles, where he worked on wide variety of commercial cases for both plaintiffs and defendants, with a particular focus on securities matters, financial services, and professional responsibility.
Seeking to hone his skills as a trial attorney, John joined the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office, where he spent every day in the courtroom and truly learned the art of how to take a case from inception to verdict, serving as the lone prosecutor on numerous trials.
John joined Omni in 2016 where he utilizes his judgment and unique financial and legal expertise to source, structure, and finance single-case and portfolio investments throughout the United States for clients in a wide variety of sectors and industries, including technology, life sciences, consumer goods and services, financial services, retail, and manufacturing. He has been pivotal to the success of Omni’s corporates initiative, where he actively engages with companies on funding of their single case matters and portfolios to help them manage their legal risk, capitalize on revenue events, finance business objectives, or increase their liquidity.
John graduated from Yale University with a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science and Oxford University with a Master’s degree in Comparative Social Policy. From 2012 to 2020, he proudly served as a Councilmember for the City of Sierra Madre and was twice selected by his colleagues to serve as Mayor (2014, 2019). John continues to devote a substantial amount of his free time to public service. He is the President of the California Acupuncture Board, serves as a Board Member for the Immigration Resource Center of San Gabriel Valley, and is a Region Vice Chair of the Los Angeles County Democratic Party. John and his wife Young-Gi are proud parents to three sons Johnny, Joshua, and Joseph.
- Co-author. Claimants Should Not Be Forced To Disclose Litigation Funding. Law360. June 11, 2018.
- Author. 2017 Litigation Funding Year in Review. Lexology. December 21, 2017.
- Author. The UK Ministry of Justice Finds No Need for Statutory Regulation of Litigation Funding. Bentham IMF Blog. March 1, 2017.
- Author. Year in Review: 2016 Cases Will Not Hinder Litigation Funding. Law.com. December 21, 2016.
- How Litigation Funding Works in Insurance Coverage Claims. Practicing Law Institute (PLI). September 24, 2020. Webinar.
- Litigation Finance: What Is It? How Does It Work? Do I Need It and How Can I Get It? Orange County Bar Association. August 2, 2019. Irvine, CA.
- Litigation Finance: What Your Legal Department Needs to Know. Association of Corporate Counsel. June 14-15, 2019. Irvine and El Segundo, CA.
- Alternative Litigation Funding - Is it Right for You? Corporate Counsel 18th Annual SuperConference. May 22, 2018. Chicago, IL.