John HarabedianLos Angeles
Associate Investment Manager, Legal Counsel
John Harabedian is an Associate Investment Manager, Legal Counsel in Omni Bridgeway's Los Angeles office.
Prior to joining the Omni Bridgeway team, John was a prosecutor in the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office, where he conducted over a hundred preliminary hearings and served as the sole prosecutor on six trials to verdict. Earlier in John's career, he practiced as a litigator at Latham & Watkins LLP, representing both plaintiffs and defendants in commercial and securities litigation.
John graduated from Yale University, and then received his M.Sc. from Oxford University. After receiving his J.D. from Stanford Law School, John served as a law clerk to Judge Josephine Staton of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California. In 2012, John was elected as a Councilmember for the City of Sierra Madre, where he resides with his wife and two sons. He is the Mayor of Sierra Madre.
- Co-author. Claimants Should Not Be Forced To Disclose Litigation Funding. Law360. June 11, 2018.
- Author. 2017 Litigation Funding Year in Review. Lexology. December 21, 2017.
- Author. The UK Ministry of Justice Finds No Need for Statutory Regulation of Litigation Funding. Bentham IMF Blog. March 1, 2017.
- Author. Year in Review: 2016 Cases Will Not Hinder Litigation Funding. Law.com. December 21, 2016.
- Litigation Finance: What Is It? How Does It Work? Do I Need It and How Can I Get It? Orange County Bar Association. August 2, 2019. Irvine, CA.
- Litigation Finance: What Your Legal Department Needs to Know. Association of Corporate Counsel. June 14-15, 2019. Irvine and El Segundo, CA.
- Alternative Litigation Funding - Is it Right for You? Corporate Counsel 18th Annual SuperConference. May 22, 2018. Chicago, IL.