Ken EpsteinNew York
Investment Manager, Legal Counsel
Ken Epstein is an investment manager and legal counsel at Omni Bridgeway, responsible for leading the company’s initiatives in bankruptcy and insolvency-related matters.
He serves as a resource for debtors, creditors (including hedge funds, private equity funds and alternative asset managers), bankruptcy estate representatives and other stakeholders seeking to maximize the value of litigation claims.
Ken has extensive experience advising and managing debtors-in-possession, individual creditors and creditor groups (ad hoc and official committees) and financial institutions in insolvency and bankruptcy-related litigation matters nationally and internationally. He began his career as a lawyer in the financial restructuring group of Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft. Prior to joining Omni Bridgeway, he was managing director in the restructuring and remediation group at MBIA, a publicly listed financial institution.
Ken has taught bankruptcy law as an adjunct professor at Cardozo Law School and has served as a panelist and author on bankruptcy-related topics. He earned his J.D. from Brooklyn Law School in 2000, where he graduated cum laude after serving on the Journal of Law and Public Policy. Ken is recognized in the Who’s Who Legal: Thought Leaders – Third Party Funding Guide (2020 - 2021) and LawDragon Global Restructuring Advisors & Consultants Guide (2020).
- Co-Author. Portfolio Litigation Funding. NAFER. March 16, 2021.
- Co-Author. Litigation Finance for Lawyers Advising Corporate Boards. Bloomberg Law. November 2020.
- Co-Author. A Trustee's Choice: Hire Contingency Counsel or Use Litigation Funding. LexisNexis: A Practical Guidance Article. October 2020.
- Co-Author. Third-Party Financing and the Ability to Recover Fees from an Opposing Party. LexisNexis: A Lexis Practice Advisor Practice Note. August 2020.
- Co-Author. Portfolio Litigation Funding and its Use by Insolvent Estates. LexisNexis: A Lexis Practice Advisor Practice Note. December 2018.
- Author. Funding the Post-Confirmation Trust When the Well Runs Dry. TMA Journal of Corporate Renewal. April 2018.
- Co-Author. Litigation Funding: An Essential Tool for Maximizing the Value of the Debtor’s Estate. New York Law Journal. March 15,2018.
- Advanced Commercial Litigation Funding: Special Considerations for Your Practice Group. UT Law CLE. October 21, 2021. Webinar.
- Forecasting the Future of Litigation Funding - Episode #5: Part 1 and 2. Turnaround Management Association (TMA) Podcast. November 9, 2020. New York, NY.
- How Litigation Funding Works in Bankruptcy. Practicing Law Institute (PLI). September 24, 2020. Webinar.
- Liquidity Stress and Monetizing Legal Assets during the Great Shutdown. Offshore Alert. April 28, 2020. Webinar.
- Bankruptcy Funding. PLI Studio Briefing. October 29, 2019. Webinar.
- Complex Litigation Issues. NAFER Annual Conference. October 18, 2019. Scottsdale, AZ.
- Ethical Problems Associated with Paying for Litigation. Financial Poise Webinar. October 16, 2019. Webcast.
- Litigation Funding for Corporations. Association of Corporate Counsel. September 25, 2019, Darien, CT.
- Third-Party Litigation Financing. 26th Annual ABI Southwest Bankruptcy Conference. September 6, 2019, Las Vegas, NV.
- Interview with Bentham IMF Bankruptcy Funding Specialist, Ken Epstein. The Beyond Hourly Podcast. August 5, 2019, New York, NY.
- Litigation Funding: An Update on Returns, Legal Decisions & Emerging Issues. OffshoreAlert Conference. April 28,2019, Miami, FL.
- Commercial Litigation Finance - A Menu of Products for Investors and Lawyers. Financial Poise Webinar. April 10, 2019. Webcast.
- Commercial Litigation Finance - An Introduction to a New Yet Old Funding Alternative. Financial Poise Webinar. March 8, 2019. Webcast.
- Panel Discussion: 14th Annual Credit, Restructuring, Distressed Investing & Turnaround Conference. Chicago Booth School of Business. March 8, 2019, Chicago, IL.
- Panel Discussion: Litigation Finance.14TH Annual NYIC/AIRA Joint Bankruptcy and Restructuring Event. January 22, 2019, New York, NY.
- Litigation Funding in Bankruptcy. Lextalk Webinar. January 16, 2019. Webcast.
- Panel Discussion: Financial and Ethical Aspects of Litigation Funding. District of Connecticut Bench-Bar Conference. October 26, 2018. Portland, CT.
- Bentham, Brownstein And Fennemore Craig Litigation Finance Experts Discuss Recent Industry Growth. Debtwire Radio. October 25, 2018. Podcast.
- Case Studies: Magcorp Bankrutpcy and IP Litigation. 2018 LF Dealmakers Forum. September 17, 2018. New York, NY.
- Post Confirmation Liquidating and Litigation Trusts. American Bankruptcy Institute 26th Annual Southwest Bankruptcy Conference. September 7, 2018, Las Vegas, NV.
- Restructuring and Bankruptcy: Latest Trends and Developments. The Knowledge Group Webcast & Podcast. August 6, 2018, New York, NY.
- Third Party Financing of Litigation Seminar. Association of Commercial Finance Attorneys 2018 Continuing Legal Education Weekend. June 10, 2018. Newport, RI.
- Litigation Funding in the Bankruptcy Space. American Bankruptcy Institute 12th Annual Credit & Bankruptcy Symposium. April 27, 2018, Uncasville, CT.
- Use of Litigation Finance in Insolvency Proceedings. American Bankruptcy Institute 36th Annual Spring Meeting. April 21, 2018, Washington, D.C.
- How to Obtain Operating Capital Now by Monetizing Litigation Claims. OffshoreAlert Conference. April 16, 2018, Miami, FL.
- Litigation Funding in Bankruptcy. Connecticut Bar Association Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section Meeting. April 11, 2018, New Haven, CT.
- Litigation Finance for Distressed Companies. Wharton Restructuring and Distressed Investment Conference. February 23, 2018, New York, NY.