Nilufar HossainSan Francisco
Associate Investment Manager, Legal Counsel
Nilufar Hossain is an Associate Investment Manager and Legal Counsel in Omni Bridgeway's San Francisco office, where she provides legal analysis and strategic advice on funding international arbitration and commercial litigation matters.
Earlier in her career, Nilufar represented US and foreign clients in cross-border disputes and complex commercial litigation matters at King & Spalding LLP and Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP. Nilufar has extensive experience with international commercial and treaty arbitrations and has appeared as counsel before many major arbitral institutions. She has also represented clients in complex commercial litigation matters before state and federal courts. Her experience includes M&A and joint venture disputes, securities litigation, environmental tort, and international enforcement of arbitral awards. She has particular expertise with the energy and natural resources, technology, finance, and pharmaceuticals sectors. Immediately prior to joining Omni Bridgeway, Nilufar was Acting General Counsel for Prakti, an engineering startup.
Nilufar received her JD from New York University School of Law, her M.A. from Middlebury College, and her BA from Harvard University, where she graduated magna cum laude. Nilufar is admitted to practice law in California, New York, and New Jersey. She is fluent in English and French and proficient in Spanish.
- Co-Author. Circuit Split on 28 U.S.C. § 1782: Are U.S. Courts Trending Against Discovery for Foreign Private Arbitrations. Kluwer Arbitration Blog. October 2020.
- Co-Author: Third-Party Funding and Covid-19. Kluwer Book: International Arbitration and the Covid-19 Revolution. October 2020
- Co-Author. Third-Party Financing and the Ability to Recover Fees from an Opposing Party. LexisNexis: A Lexis Practice Advisor Practice Note. August 2020.
- Best Practices for Using Litigation Finance. Baker Botts CLE. August 5, 2021. Webinar.
- Views from the Frontlines: Hot Topics in International Arbitration for 2021. White & Case, SVAMC, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. March 10, 2021. Webinar.
- Arbitration and ADR in Technology Disputes: A View from Leading Practitioners in the Field. Mayer Brown, SVAMC, ArbitralWomen. February 12, 2021. Webinar.