Tim DeSienoNew York, Latin America
Global Director of Distressed Debt and Senior Investment Manager
Tim DeSieno is responsible for the formation and implementation of Omni Bridgeway’s global distressed debt business. He will also pursue distress-related litigation funding opportunities in emerging markets, with a special focus on Latin America.
- Author: Creditor Committees in Sovereign Debt Restructurings: Understanding the Benefits and Addressing Concerns, chapter 9 of Guzman, Ocampo, and Stiglitz, Too Little, Too Late: The Quest To Resolve Sovereign Debt Crises. Columbia 2016.
- Co-author: ICMA Publishes Updated Model Sovereign Bond Clauses. Morgan Lewis LawFlash. 2015.
- Co-author: Second Circuit Rules against Argentina, Grants Stay for Certiorari Petition. Morgan Lewis LawFlash. 2013.
- Co-author: Argentina Stands Pat, Repeats Exchange Offer. Morgan Lewis LawFlash. 2013.
- Co-author: Necessity Trumps Law: Lessons from Emerging Markets for Stressed Developed Markets. INSOL International. 2013.
- Our changing World – ESG Considerations. INSOL Financiers’ Colloquium. June 2022. London, U.K.
- Panel Chair: International Dispute Funding in Latin America. INSOL Latin America Virtual Seminar. March 2022. Webinar.
- Argentina sovereign bond restructuring. Bank of America Merrill Lynch, client sessions during IMF meetings. October 2019. Washington, DC.
- Panel Discussion: Latin America Turmoil (Speaker on Venezuela). INSOL International, Annual Regional Conference. April 2018. New York, NY.
- Panel Discussion: Chapter 15, Pursuing US-Based Assets in Cross Border Insolvency. American Bar Association, Section of International Law. April 2018. New York, NY.
- Panel Discussion: Venezuela: The Path Forward. Emerging Markets Trading Association. January 2018. New York, NY.
- Brazilian Corporate Debt Restructuring. Financial Markets Law Committee. December 2017. London, England.
- Improvements to Sovereign Debt Restructuring. United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs Seminar. July 2017. London, England.
- Panel Chair: Hedge Fund Impact on Brazilian Restructurings. INSOL International, One Day Seminar. May 2017. São Paulo, Brazil.
- Panel Discussion: Workout/Restructuring in Frontier Markets. American College of Investment Counsel. April 2017. Chicago, IL.
- Panel Chair: Sovereign Debt Restructuring. INSOL International, Annual Regional Conference. January 2016. Dubai, UAE.