Andrew SakerNew York
Managing Director & CEO and Chief Strategy Officer - US
Andrew Saker is the Managing Director & CEO and Chief Strategy Officer - US of Omni Bridgeway and is based in the New York office.
Andrew was a partner at a leading provider of corporate recovery, insolvency management and restructuring services throughout Australia and Asia for 16 years. During this period he managed the Indonesian and Perth operations and assisted with billion dollar cross-border restructuring assignments throughout the world including in Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, China, Argentina, Kazakhstan, Europe, the US and Canada. Mr Saker has managed hundreds of large claims across a range of industries including mining, telecommunications, energy, aquaculture, property, manufacturing, infrastructure, banking and finance.
Andrew holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree in Accounting and Finance. He is a Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants and was an Official Liquidator of the Supreme and Federal Courts until his appointment at Omni Bridgeway. He is recognised in Who’s Who Legal: Thought Leaders – Third Party Funding (2020-2022) Guide, and Lawdragon's Leading Legal Consultants (2016-2019), Global 100 Leaders in Legal Finance (2020 - 2022) and Global Restructuring Advisors & Consultants Guide (2020).
- Author. Foes of litigation funding cannot deny self-interest. Opinion. The Australian. 24 June 2020.
- Author. Litigation funders help ordinary Aussies. Opinion. The Australian. 6 March 2020.
- Author. Why well-resourced companies use litigation funding. Acuity Magazine online. 28 January 2020.
- Author. Government should proceed cautiously with class action reforms. Opinion. The Australian. 1 February 2019.
- Co-author. Schemes of Arrangement. The Federation Press. 2010.
- Panel Discussion: ESG in Litigation Funding. Litigation Finance Journal Roundtable. 5 October 2022. Virtual Event.
- Panel Discussion: Australia - The Evolution of a Litigation Finance Market. Litigation Finance Journal Roundtable. 15 June 2021. Virtual Event.
- 2020 Roundup: A pivotal year in commercial litigation funding. Litigation Finance Journal. 18 December 2020. Virtual Event.
- Panel Discussion: KBW Innovation in Finance Conference. Keefe, Bruyette & Woods. 01-02 December 2020. Virtual Event.
- Cross-border restructuring and cross-border insolvency law. Presenter. Berne Union (the leading global association for the export credit and investment insurance industry). Rome, Warsaw and Stockholm.
- Partners Capital Annual Investor Workshop. Partners Capital LLC. 10 October 2018. London