Investment Manager, Senior Legal Counsel
Anna Stier is responsible for arbitration and investor-to-state arbitration funded cases as well as managing the enforcement of judgments and arbitral awards against sovereign or semi-sovereign counterparties.
Anna is admitted to the bar in Germany (Rechtsanwalt) and as a solicitor to the senior courts in England & Wales. When Anna joined Omni Bridgeway in 2014 she brought several years of experience in the dispute resolution practices of the international law firms Clifford Chance (Frankfurt, London) and White & Case (Frankfurt, Hamburg) where she specialised on cross-border litigation, international arbitration and advocacy. She also worked a short term for the Permanent Court of Arbitration in The Hague.
- Co-author. Stolperstein Verjährung. Im Blickpunkt: Internationale Vollstreckung von Schiedssprüchen. AnwaltSpiegel. Ausgabe 2021
- Author. Don’t be late – the risk of arbitral awards becoming unenforceable due to limitation periods. Omni Bridgeway Insights
- Co-Author. Third-party funding for international arbitration claims. Legal Practice Notes (PLC online). London. April 2020
- Author. “Enforcement of Arbitral Awards after Achmea”. The Journal of Enforcement of Arbitral Awards, Vol. 1 2018 No. 1, p. 69.
- Author. The jurisdiction of the arbitral tribunal in intra-EU investment treaty disputes after the decision in Electrabel v Hungary. Arbitration International 2015, Vol. 31, p. 163 – 170
- Co-Author. A Mountain Too High: The Challenge of Setting Aside an arbitral Award on the Basis of Fraud in Different Jurisdictions. SchiedsVZ 2013, p. 20 – 31
- Third party funding trends in Arbitration. Paris Arbitration Week. Addleshaw Goddard webinar. September 2021. Virtual.