Daniela RazNew York, Latin America
Investment Manager and Legal Counsel
Daniela Raz is an Investment Manager and Legal Counsel at Omni Bridgeway's New York office.
Prior to joining Omni Bridgeway, Daniela was a partner with the litigation-only firm Kasowitz Benson Torres LLP, where she represented primarily plaintiffs in a wide range of complex commercial matters. She then was General Counsel and Chief Operating Officer for LightRay Companies LLC, a distressed asset investor. Daniela is also a member of our Latin America Group, contributing to Omni Bridgeway’s commercial arbitration, litigation funding and judgment enforcement efforts in Latin America.
Daniela's experience both in-house and as a litigator enables her to assess investment opportunities and advise parties using Omni Bridgeway's funding with practical business judgment, well-honed negotiation and trial skills, and an ability to weigh nuanced factors when making decisions involving risk.
Daniela earned her J.D. from the University of California, Berkeley's law school and received her B.A., magna cum laude, from Harvard College. She served as a law clerk to the Honorable I. Leo Glasser of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York and was a Marvin M. Karpatkin fellow at the American Civil Liberties Union. She is admitted to practice law in New York and California and is a native speaker of Hebrew and Spanish. Daniela is also recognized in LawDragon Global Restructuring Advisors & Consultants Guide (2020).
- Co-Author. The State of Dispute Funding in Latin America. Global Arbitration Review and Latin Lawyer: The Guide to Arbitration in Latin America. September 2022.
- Third-Party Funding in ISDS. Milbank. March 27, 2023. New York, NY.
- Hot Topics in Litigation Funding for Insolvency. INSOL. July 26, 2022. Webinar.
- Success Strategies: It’s Not About What You Should Do…It’s About What NOT to Do. IMN's 4th Annual Financing, Structuring and Investing in Litigation Finance. June 7, 2022. New York, NY.
- Dispute Funding: A Tool to Unlock the Value of Legal Assets. Instituto dos Advogados de São Paulo. November 22, 2021. Webinar.
- Third-Party Funding Part II: The Nuts and Bolts of the Funding Process. Garibaldi Inn. May 14, 2020. Webinar.
- Creative Strategies in Bank Litigation. IMN 10th Annual Bank Special Assets and Credit Officers Forum. February 24-25, 2020. Miami, FL.
- Litigation Claims Financing: A Tool to Maximize Recovery. International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC). October 22, 2019. New York, NY.