Heather is an Investment Manager based in Omni Bridgeway’s Sydney office where she is responsible for identifying and assessing investment opportunities and managing funded claims through to resolution.
Heather has almost twenty years’ experience in private legal practice, including most recently at Baker McKenzie where her practice encompassed commercial, construction, insolvency, banking and finance and property disputes.
Heather was also previously in-house counsel in the finance sector. She is a veteran commercial litigator with significant experience advising clients on insolvency, property, construction, Corporations law, trade practices and employment matters. Her client base has spanned industry sectors including property, construction, infrastructure, finance and retail. She has acted for leading consumer brands such as Tiffany & Co, Ralph Lauren, Valentino, Aldi and Sephora.
Heather holds a Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws (Honours) from the University of Adelaide and is President of the Women’s Insolvency Network Association. She is recognised in the Lawdragon Global 100 Leaders in Legal Finance 2021-2023 Guides.
- Co-author. Class action denied examination under The Corporations Act. Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association Journal. September 2020.
- Public Examinations following the decision in Arrium and what it means for Insolvency Practitioners. ARITA Canberra Forum. 3 November 2022.
- Dispute Finance and Intellectual Property. Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC). 28 October 2021. Virtual Event.
- Insolvency & the easing of restrictions: the good, the bad and the ugly. Australian Profession Indemnity Group (APIG) Insolvency Seminar. 20 October 2021. Virtual Event.
- Demystifying litigation funding in the insolvency context. Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA). 6 September 2021. Virtual Event.
- Funding insolvency claims in Asia-Pacific. Lexology. 26 November 2020. Virtual Event.