Stephanie SouthwickSan Francisco
Investment Manager and Legal Counsel
Stephanie Southwick is an Investment Manager and Legal Counsel for Omni Bridgeway leading the company’s outreach initiative with VCs and their portfolio companies to use litigation funding as a source of non-dilutive capital.
Prior to joining the company's San Francisco office in 2019, Stephanie was the Managing Partner of Greenfield Southwick LLP, a boutique business and intellectual property firm with 15+ years litigation experience including as first chair/lead counsel. She is experienced in representing start-ups, tech companies, VCs, manufacturers, real estate developers, family offices, directors and officers and professional partnerships in business torts, contract disputes, trade secret cases, founder disputes, and employment matters.
Stephanie's guiding principle is "do not stop at the obvious. Whether shaping a legal theory or uncovering a witness, creative strategy is key to achieving results." She brings this approach into her litigation funding deal structuring and diligence process, partnering with claimants and law firms to design deals that work for all parties involved and facilitate the pursuit of optimal litigation outcomes.
Stephanie assesses investments with the eyes of an experienced litigator who has won many verdicts and dispositive motions and achieved favorable settlement outcomes for her clients. She applies the knowledge she gained in the courtroom and at the negotiating table to guide Omni Bridgeway's funded clients and their counsel on the tactics most likely to achieve their desired outcomes, serving as a strategic resource when her advice is sought.
Stephanie earned her J.D., with honors, from The George Washington University Law School where she was a member of the George Washington International Law Review. She studied International Human Rights Law at The University of Oxford and The George Washington University, and she earned her B.A. in International Political Economy from the University of Washington.
- Co-author. Courts Keep Rejecting Litigation Funding Discovery Campaign. Law360. October 15, 2019.
- ABA-IPL Copyright Litigation Committee. American Bar Association. April 21, 2022.Webinar.
- Litigation Finance for UPC Proceedings. AERA. April 1, 2022. Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Finance for Intellectual Property Disputes. Chambers and Partners. November 23, 2021. Webinar.
- U.S. Litigation Trends. IP Counsel Cafe. October 4, 2021. Virtual Event.
- IP Portfolio Building at Different Stages of Growth. IP Counsel Cafe. April 21, 2021. Virtual Event.
- Protecting and Monetizing Trade Secrets Assets. Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC). November 3, 2020. Webinar.
- Ethical Issues in Litigation Finance. Santa Clara Bar Association. October 29, 2020. Webinar.
- How Litigation Funding Can Help VCs and Startups Unlock Assets. NVCA. May 21, 2020. Webinar.
- Demystifying Litigation Finance. TechGC. February 20, 2020. San Francisco, CA.