Allison K. Chock
Investment Committee Member and Director, Omni Bridgeway Management (USA) LLC
Allison Chock is currently a member of Omni Bridgeway’s US Investment Committee and is a Director of Omni Bridgeway Management (USA) LLC.
She is an experienced litigator who, prior to joining Omni Bridgeway in 2013 as an Investment Manager, specialized for many years in litigating large, complex business disputes on a contingent-fee basis. This experience is invaluable to the company's assessment of opportunities to provide non-recourse litigation funding for companies, individuals and law firms.
Allison is one of only four professionals consistently recognized as experts in the field of litigation funding within the US by Chambers and Partners. She is named in the Lawdragon Global 100 Leaders in Legal Finance as a prominent consultant and strategist to the legal profession. She has also been recognized as a Thought Leader in Who’s Who Legal.
Omni Bridgeway is committed to increasing access to civil justice, and Allison holds a variety of leadership positions focused on this issue. She is an active member on the board of advisors for UC Berkeley law school's Civil Justice Research Initiative, which conducts objective, empirical research into factors that limit access to America's civil justice system. She also sits on the executive committee of the board of directors for Public Counsel, the largest pro bono law firm in the United States, which works with major law firms and corporations to assist a wide spectrum of underprivileged and underserved people to access civil and social justice.
Allison studied at the Sorbonne in Paris and received her B.A. in French literature from UC Santa Barbara. She received her Juris Doctor from the College of William & Mary's Marshall-Wythe School of Law.
- Co-author. Curiouser and Curiouser! A Review of the NYCBA’s Ethics Opinion on Litigation Funding. Bentham IMF Blog. September 11, 2018.
- Author. The Benefits of Using Litigation Funding Over Litigation Insurance. Bentham IMF Blog. September 27, 2017.
- Co-author. Bentham Urges Rules Committee to Reject Chamber’s Proposed New Requirement For Federal Cases. Bentham IMF Blog. September 22, 2017.
- Co-author. Big Business Lobby Tries to Hobble Litigation Finance, Again. Law360. June 6, 2017.
- Author. The Benefits of Using Litigation Funding in Trust and Estate Litigation. Bentham IMF Blog. April 19, 2017.
- Examining the Current Events that are Impacting Litigation. General Counsel Conference. September 25-26, 2019. New York, NY.
- CIO Roundtable: Insights, Challenges & Opportunities. LF Dealmaker. September 18-19, 2019. New York, NY.
- Litigation Finance: What Your Legal Department Needs to Know. Association of Corporate Counsel. June 14-15, 2019. Irvine and El Segundo, CA.
- Which Cases are Getting Funded and Which Will Get Rejected and Why? Insight Exchange Network Litigation Funding Conference. October 2, 2018, New York, NY.
- Litigation Do's and Don'ts: Practical Strategies for Managing Complex Disputes in Today's Environment. 30th Annual General Counsel Conference. September 26-27, 2018, New York, NY.
- First Joint-Coordination Conference at Berkeley. The Institute for Complex Litigation and Mass Claims. June 5, 2018, Berkeley, CA.
- Third Party Funding: Previewing the Queen Mary Report. Columbia Law School Arbitration Day Conference. March 2, 2018, New York, NY.
- The Economics and Ethics of Litigation Funding. National Asian Pacific American Bar Association Convention. November 3, 2017, Washington D.C.
- Litigation Financing: Ethics & Opportunities. The National Association of Legal Fee Analysis Webinar. June 22, 2017.
- Ethics of Litigation Finance. American Bar Association’s 2017 Emerging Issues in Healthcare Law Conference. March 8-10, 2017, New Orleans, LA.
- Emergence of Litigation Financing in Complex Litigation. Northwestern Law's Contemporary Issues in Complex Litigation Conference. November 16-17, 2016, Chicago, IL.
- Going Global: Litigation Finance Facilitates Access to Justice Worldwide. 2016 National Asian Pacific American Bar Association Convention. November 4, 2016, San Diego, CA.
- Litigation Finance: Driving Law Firm Profitability. Bentham IMF and Bloomberg BNA Big Law Insights on Litigation Finance Panel. September 21, 2016, New York, NY.
- The Business of Mass Torts Litigation. American Bar Association Environmental, Mass Torts & Products Liability Litigation Committees' Joint CLE Seminar. January 22, 2016, Park City, UT.
- Show Me the Money: How Litigation Funding Changes the Playing Field for Business Litigation. Association of Business Trial Lawyers - Northern California Chapter Program. January 19, 2016, San Francisco, CA.