Allison K. ChockLos Angeles
Chief Investment Officer - United States
Allison Chock, Chief Investment Officer - United States, oversees all aspects of Omni Bridgeway’s investment management, due diligence processes and operations in the United States.
Allison assumed this role in 2017, after serving for almost four years as an Investment Manager and head of Omni Bridgeway's Los Angeles office.
Allison studied at the Sorbonne in Paris, and received her B.A. in French literature from UC Santa Barbara. She received her Juris Doctor from the College of William & Mary's Marshall-Wythe School of Law, the oldest law school in the United States (founded 1779) where she was National Trial Team Champion and named to the Order of Barristers.
Allison is recognised in leading legal directories including Chambers and Partners Litigation Support (2020 - 2021), Who's Who Legal: Thought Leaders – Third Party Funding 2020 and Lawdragon Global 100 Leaders in Legal Finance (2020 - 2021).
- Co-author. Curiouser and Curiouser! A Review of the NYCBA’s Ethics Opinion on Litigation Funding. Bentham IMF Blog. September 11, 2018.
- Author. The Benefits of Using Litigation Funding Over Litigation Insurance. Bentham IMF Blog. September 27, 2017.
- Co-author. Bentham Urges Rules Committee to Reject Chamber’s Proposed New Requirement For Federal Cases. Bentham IMF Blog. September 22, 2017.
- Co-author. Big Business Lobby Tries to Hobble Litigation Finance, Again. Law360. June 6, 2017.
- Author. The Benefits of Using Litigation Funding in Trust and Estate Litigation. Bentham IMF Blog. April 19, 2017.
- Examining the Current Events that are Impacting Litigation. General Counsel Conference. September 25-26, 2019. New York, NY.
- CIO Roundtable: Insights, Challenges & Opportunities. LF Dealmaker. September 18-19, 2019. New York, NY.
- Litigation Finance: What Your Legal Department Needs to Know. Association of Corporate Counsel. June 14-15, 2019. Irvine and El Segundo, CA.
- Which Cases are Getting Funded and Which Will Get Rejected and Why? Insight Exchange Network Litigation Funding Conference. October 2, 2018, New York, NY.
- Litigation Do's and Don'ts: Practical Strategies for Managing Complex Disputes in Today's Environment. 30th Annual General Counsel Conference. September 26-27, 2018, New York, NY.
- First Joint-Coordination Conference at Berkeley. The Institute for Complex Litigation and Mass Claims. June 5, 2018, Berkeley, CA.
- Third Party Funding: Previewing the Queen Mary Report. Columbia Law School Arbitration Day Conference. March 2, 2018, New York, NY.
- The Economics and Ethics of Litigation Funding. National Asian Pacific American Bar Association Convention. November 3, 2017, Washington D.C.
- Litigation Financing: Ethics & Opportunities. The National Association of Legal Fee Analysis Webinar. June 22, 2017.
- Ethics of Litigation Finance. American Bar Association’s 2017 Emerging Issues in Healthcare Law Conference. March 8-10, 2017, New Orleans, LA.
- Emergence of Litigation Financing in Complex Litigation. Northwestern Law's Contemporary Issues in Complex Litigation Conference. November 16-17, 2016, Chicago, IL.
- Going Global: Litigation Finance Facilitates Access to Justice Worldwide. 2016 National Asian Pacific American Bar Association Convention. November 4, 2016, San Diego, CA.
- Litigation Finance: Driving Law Firm Profitability. Bentham IMF and Bloomberg BNA Big Law Insights on Litigation Finance Panel. September 21, 2016, New York, NY.
- The Business of Mass Torts Litigation. American Bar Association Environmental, Mass Torts & Products Liability Litigation Committees' Joint CLE Seminar. January 22, 2016, Park City, UT.
- Show Me the Money: How Litigation Funding Changes the Playing Field for Business Litigation. Association of Business Trial Lawyers - Northern California Chapter Program. January 19, 2016, San Francisco, CA.