Amy T. GeiseHouston
Associate Investment Manager, Legal Counsel
Amy Geise is an Associate Investment Manager and Legal Counsel for Omni Bridgeway.
Amy helps steer Omni Bridgeway’s bankruptcy and insolvency initiative from the company’s Houston office, where she frequently works with debtors, creditors, and other stakeholders to optimize the value of their claims. Amy is also experienced in helping commercial litigants outside of the bankruptcy context to obtain non-recourse funding for their disputes.
Prior to joining the Omni Bridgeway team, Amy was a bankruptcy attorney and a litigator at Porter Hedges LLP, consistently recognized among the leading law firms based in Texas. Amy's practice focused on creditors' rights, trustee representation, and corporate reorganizations. Amy also has substantial experience as a general commercial litigator, including complex business litigation and representation of individuals before the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Amy received her J.D. from The University of Texas School of Law, where she was the recipient of the Robert S. Strauss Endowed Presidential Scholarship in Law and the Robert Henderson Presidential Scholarship in Law. She received her B.A. from the University of Texas at Austin, where she graduated Phi Beta Kappa with special honors from the Liberal Arts Honors Program in only three years.
- Author: Could Litigation Funding Be The Key To Surviving a Recession? Dallas Business Journal. May 8, 2020.
- Author: Discovery & Disclosure Series: Disclosure of funding in bankruptcy cases. Omni Bridgeway Blog. January 16, 2020.
- Author. Litigation Finance Can Help Bankruptcy Lawyers and Their Clients Achieve Optimal Results. The Texas Lawbook. October 11, 2019.
- Co-Author. The new tool investment bankers are suggesting to financially distressed corporate clients. Omni Bridgeway Blog. April 4, 2019.
- Co-Author. Preparing for the storm: unleashing recession-proof assets and shoring up liquidity with litigation finance. Omni Bridgeway Blog. February 28, 2019
- Author: Liquidity without leverage: the benefits of exit financing through litigation funding. Omni Bridgeway Blog. December 6, 2018.
- Co-author. Litigation Funding Series Part II: When Can We Fund? The Texas Lawbook. November 28, 2018.
- Author. Beyond the Carve Out: Early Actions Creditors' Committee Counsel Can Take to Secure Funding for Claims Prosecution and Other Expenses. Omni Bridgeway Blog. August 30, 2018.
- Co-author. Litigation Funding Series Part I: Is Funding Right for My Case? The Texas Lawbook. August 20, 2018.
- Author. Decision Alert: Northern District of California Adds to the Growing Body of Law Rejecting Discovery Regarding Litigation Financing on Relevance Grounds. Bentham IMF Blog. June 19, 2018.
- How Litigation Funding Works in Bankruptcy. Practicing Law Institute (PLI). September 24, 2020. Webinar.
- Governance & Litigation Finance: What Board Members Should Know. American Bankruptcy Association (ABA). September 15, 2020. Webinar.
- Third-Party Litigation Financing. Phoenix Chapter of the Federal Bar Association. May 20, 2020. Webinar.
- Litigation Finance in Bankruptcy. Houston Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers. February 24, 2020. Houston, TX.