Investment Management Team Co-Lead
Ewen McNee is Investment Management Team Co-Lead, overseeing the due diligence and investment activities for multi-party investments of the Australian Investment Management team.
Ewen is also responsible for the due diligence and management of a broad range of funded cases including class action matters, single party claims, and portfolios of claims.
Ewen led Omni Bridgeway’s investment in a claim against UGL (a diversified engineering company) in which investors are seeking damages for alleged disclosure contraventions by UGL. He successfully led Omni Bridgeway’s investment in an investor action against recruitment company Ashley Services Group Ltd, from case theory and book-build to settlement in December 2018.
- Author. Australian Federal Court judge proposes trial of costs budgeting in class action. IMF Bentham Blog. 7 November 2018.
- Author. Securities class actions and maximising recoveries. IMF Bentham presentation at Superfund Back Office conference. IMF Bentham Blog. 30 October 2018.
- Author. How to ensure you do not miss out on a class action settlement. IMF Bentham Blog. 13 November 2017.
- Securities Class Actions and Maximising Recoveries. Superannuation Fund Investment Operations Forum 2018. 22 October 2018. Sydney, NSW.
- Litigation Funding & Class Actions - New Developments and New Challenges. College of Laws 2017 Webinar Series. 22 August 2017. Webcast.