Fiona A. ChaneyLos Angeles
Investment Manager, Legal Counsel
Fiona A. Chaney is an Investment Manager and Legal Counsel for Omni Bridgeway.
Prior to joining Omni Bridgeway in Los Angeles, Fiona was a trial lawyer for 15 years specializing in insurance coverage with an emphasis in the entertainment and sports industries, and speaks frequently on insurance law topics.
Additionally, she is experienced in white-collar criminal defense and government investigations. Fiona is also an editor and co-author of the New Appleman Sports and Entertainment Insurance Law & Practice Guide (LexisNexis, 2014).
Fiona has the depth of experience to assist with handling funding inquiries from inception through completion. Her invaluable expertise and consultation helps claimants, lawyers, firms, and companies where needed, stopping short of controlling any litigation, all the while providing due diligence and in-depth analysis of the viability of a potential funded matter for Omni Bridgeway.
Fiona earned her J.D. from Loyola Law School where she was a member of the Order of the Coif. She received her B.A. in Political Science from the University of San Diego. She has also been recognized in Who’s Who Legal: Thought Leaders – Third Party Funding 2020 Guide.
- Author. How Litigation Finance Can Be Utilized in Insurance Cases. Omni Bridgeway Blog. April 29, 2020.
- Author. How Funding Can Help Companies in a Representation and Warranties Insurance Battle. Omni Bridgeway Blog. April 15, 2020.
- Author. Easing the Pain of Corporate Cost Cutting. Bentham IMF Blog. July 31, 2019.
- Author. In Insurance Coverage Disputes, Litigation Funding Eases the Path to Recovery. Bentham IMF Blog. July 10, 2019.
- Covered the not: Understanding which business losses are covered by common insurance policy clauses and affordable ways to contest coverage denials. Association of Corporate Counsel. (ACC). November 10, 2020. Webinar.
- How Litigation Funding Works in Insurance Coverage Claims. Practicing Law Institute (PLI). September 24, 2020. Webinar.
- Disruptors In Insurance Coverage Litigation: 2020 and Beyond. ABA Insurance Coverage Litigation Conference. March 6, 2020.Tucson, AZ.
- New Frontiers in Torts: The Challenges of Science, Technology & Innovation. Southwestern Law School. February 7, 2020. Los Angeles, CA.
- Litigation Finance: What Is It? How Does It Work? Do I Need It and How Can I Get It? Orange County Bar Association. August 2, 2019. Irvine, CA.
- Litigation Finance: What Your Legal Department Needs to Know. Association of Corporate Counsel. June 14-15, 2019. Irvine and El Segundo, CA.
- Big Firm v. Small Firm No More: How Small Firms & Boutiques Are Effectively Litigating Against BigLaw. ABA Section of Litigation & Solo, Small Firm and General Practice Division CLE Conference. May 1-3, 2019. New York, NY.