Jeff NewtonNew York
Investment Manager and Legal Counsel
Jeff Newton is an Investment Manager and Legal Counsel at Omni Bridgeway, responsible for sourcing, evaluating, negotiating, and monitoring judgment enforcement matters through to resolution.He serves as a resource for clients in devising, managing and executing domestic and cross border enforcement strategies working with colleagues in North America and globally, the enforcement team, researchers and asset tracers worldwide.
Prior to joining Omni Bridgeway, Jeff was a litigator at Kobre & Kim LLP and Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP in New York where he represented parties in a wide range of complex commercial cases involving financial fraud, crypto, defaulted debt, technology, environmental, pharmaceutical, insurance and reinsurance matters. He has represented clients on the plaintiff and defense side in civil and class action lawsuits and helped recover assets globally.
Jeff received his J.D. from Columbia Law School where he was a James Kent Scholar and a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, and received his B.A., magna cum laude, from Boston College. Jeff clerked for the Honorable Paul A. Englemayer on the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York and the Honorable Wilfred Feinberg on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
- 2nd Circ. Ruling Confirms Equitable Ownership Viability. Law 360. November 2, 2022.
- 2nd Circ. Appears Open To Post-Judgment Section 1782 Use. Law360. May 17, 2022.
- Navigating Third Party Funding in International Arbitration: Benefits, Implications and the Future. Columbia International Arbitration Association (CIAA). March 2023.New York, NY.
- Litigation: Costs, Damages, Time & Alternative Solutions. Information Management Network (IMN). October 2022.Chicago, IL.
- Enforcement Funding: How Funding and Management of Your Uncollected Judgment or Award Can Directly Benefit Your Bottom Line. Chambers and Partners. June 2022. Webinar.