Matthew HarrisonSan Francisco
Senior Investment Manager, Director of Complex Strategies - US
Matt Harrison is a Senior Investment Manager and Director of Complex Strategies-US. He is responsible for Omni Bridgeway’s San Francisco Bay Area operations, which he launched in 2015.Prior to joining Omni Bridgeway, Matt spent 15 years as a litigation associate and partner at Latham & Watkins LLP, where his practice focused on representing clients in a variety of securities and M&A litigation matters, as well as complex commercial cases involving antitrust and competition, trade secrets, intellectual property, false advertising and mass torts.
Matt earned his J.D. from the UCLA School of Law, where he was an Editor of the UCLA Law Review, and graduated as a member of the Order of the Coif. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Administration from University of Washington’s Foster School of Business, with concentrations in finance and marketing.
- Co-author. Courts Keep Rejecting Litigation Funding Discovery Campaign. Law360. October 15, 2019.
- Co-author. Seeing Through the Litigation Funding Transparency Act of 2019. Daily Journal. March 11, 2019.
- Co-author. Courts Are Getting It Right On Litigation Funding Discovery. Law360. January 22, 2019.
- Co-author. Claimants Should Not Be Forced To Disclose Litigation Funding. Law360. June 11, 2018.
- Author. Litigation Funding Bill Lacks Policy Rationale. Law360. May 16, 2018.
- Author. The Litigation Funding Transparency Act of 2018. Bentham IMF Blog. May 14, 2018.
- Author. Disclosure of Funding in Class Actions Makes Sense. Bentham IMF Blog. October 26, 2017.
- Author. Using Litigation Funding as a Strategic Finance Tool. Bentham IMF Blog. July 26, 2017.
- Author. Trade Secret Theft: How Litigation Finance Can Save Companies on the Brink of Losing It All. Bentham IMF Blog. June 7, 2017.
- Co-author. Big Business Lobby Tries to Hobble Litigation Finance, Again. Law360. June 6, 2017.
- Co-author. California Court Gets Automatic Funding Disclosure Right. Law360. February 22, 2017.
- Everything You Wanted to Know About Third-Party Funding in the US (but were afraid to ask). The Legal 500. June 8, 2021. Webinar.
- Litigation Finance and Law Firm Funding History, Options, and Ethics for Solo Practitioners and Small Firms. San Francisco Bar Association. January 28, 2021. Webinar.
- Ethical Issues in Litigation Finance. Santa Clara Bar Association. October 29, 2020. Webinar.
- Ask the Experts: Tough Questions in Litigation Finance. LF Dealmaker. October 20, 2020. Virtual Event.
- Ethical Considerations for Counsel in the Business World. Practicing Law Institute (PLI). September 22, 2020. Webinar.
- Demystifying Litigation Finance. TechGC. February 20, 2020. San Francisco, CA.
- Basics of Accounting for Lawyers. Practicing Law Institute. July 23, 2019. San Francisco, CA.
- Litigation Funding Ethics Discussion. Santa Clara Law School. January, 30, 2019. Santa Clara, CA.
- Implications of Litigation Funding on Mediation. The Mediation Society. January 29, 2019. San Francisco, CA.
- Litigation Finance: Introduction And Ethical Issues For Lawyers. Asian American Bar Association. January 23, 2019. San Francisco, CA.
- Litigation Financing: What You Need to Know. The Knowledge Group. October 16, 2018, Webcast.
- Third-Party Funding of International Arbitration. Expert Webcast. June 20, 2018, Webinar.
- Show Me the Money: Recent Developments regarding Ethics and Disclosure of Commercial Litigation Finance. Bar Association of San Francisco CLE. July 12, 2017, San Francisco, CA.
- Commercial Lending Today. American Law Institute CLE. April 20-21, 2017, San Francisco, CA.
- Show Me the Money! ALFA International Client Seminar. March 4, 2017, Miami, FL.
- Third-Party Litigation Financing. Association of Corporate Counsel 2016 Annual Meeting. October 16, 2016, San Francisco, CA.
- Introduction to Litigation Funding. Seattle IP Inn of Court Monthly Meeting. September 15, 2016, Seattle, WA.
- The Ethics of Commercial Litigation Finance. American Arbitration Association CLE Presentation. September 14, 2016, San Francisco and Los Angeles, CA.
- Show Me the Money: Does Litigation Funding Change the Playing Field for Litigation? Northern District of California Judicial Conference. April 8-10, 2016, Napa, CA.