Sarah TsouNew York
Investment Manager, Legal Counsel
Sarah Tsou is an Investment Manager and Legal Counsel for Omni Bridgeway.
Prior to joining the company’s New York office in 2019, Sarah was a partner in the intellectual property practice group at Kirkland & Ellis LLP, focusing on patent litigation. In addition to handling patent disputes spanning a broad range of technologies and industries, she also led trade secret and trademark litigation teams and counseled clients in corporate acquisitions, licensing matters, and other transactions.
Sarah approaches litigation funding deal evaluation and diligence with the expertise of a litigator who has spent over a dozen years representing clients in all aspects of complex litigation from inception to trial. She has advised clients ranging from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies on risk, cost analysis, IP portfolio and market analysis, and strategy, and she understands the factors that companies and law firms weigh when deciding whether to engage in litigation. Her substantial case evaluation and trial experience informs her ability to structure funding deals that allow alignment of risk between all parties to the deal. Having secured significant verdicts and judgments for clients in industries including computer software, electronics, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, biotechnology, and oilfield services, she offers valuable insights to Omni Bridgeway’s funded clients and their counsel when they need strategic advice during the course of litigation.
- Author. Litigation Finance for IP Cases. Bloomberg Law. August 2020.
- Author. Do Operating Companies Have A Better Shot at IP Litigation Funding? The Answer May Surprise You. Omni Bridgeway Blog. July 7, 2020.
- Co-author. Monetizing University Patent Portfolios During the Economic Downturn. University Business. June 22, 2020.
- Co-author. Tech Companies Should Strongly Consider Monetizing Their Patent Portfolios During the Economic Downturn. IPWatchdog. June 8, 2020.
- Litigation Funding and Investors Rights. Federal Circuit Bar Association Bench and Bar Virtual Conference. June 16, 2020. Webinar.
- Sarah Tsou – Patent Litigation Funding. IPWatchdog, Inc. Clause 8 Podcast. June 4, 2020. New York, NY.
- Intellectual Property and Commercial Litigation Funding: Ethical Considerations. International Intellectual Property Society CLE Program. February 5, 2020. New York, NY.
- Navigating the Ethics of Litigation Finance. New York City Bar Association CLE Program. January 24, 2020. New York, NY.
- Investors Roundtable: Is Litigation Finance Driving Deals? 6th Annual IP Dealmakers Forum. November 13, 2019. New York, NY.
- Litigation Finance. Exploring Significant Trends and Developments. The Knowledge Group Webinar. October 21, 2019. Webcast.
- Ethics: Litigation Funding. Intellectual Property Owners Association Annual Meeting. September 26, 2019. Washington DC.
- Key Litigation Finance Strategies for Patent Practitioners. Practicing Law Institute. June 20, 2019. Studio Briefing.