Managing Director Enforcement & EMEA
Wieger Wielinga is responsible for Omni Bridgeway’s investment origination in (sovereign) awards and judgments globally and its litigation funding efforts both in EMEA and the UK.
With close to three decades experience in global litigation, litigation funding and enforcement, Wieger began his career in 1992 as an attorney at Loeff Claeys Verbeke (now Allen & Overy) specialising in litigation and insolvency matters. He has been an advising lawyer to the International Finance Corporation / World Bank on various emerging markets projects and has advised several multinationals on investments in former Soviet states. He has been an officer with the military intelligence service of the Royal Dutch Army, Russian language and interrogation unit.
Wieger holds an MBA from INSEAD, Fontainebleau, a Masters in Law from Leiden University and a post doctorate degree in Insolvency Law from University of Nijmegen.
- Co-author. Litigation Finance Industry: Global Perspective. Bloomberg Law. August, 2020.
- Enforcing arbitral awards in Latin America. Disputes Europe & Latin-American („DELA“). April 2021.
- Asset Recovery for Institutional Investors in a COVID-19 Environment. SWFI Webinar. September 2020.
- Third Party Financing in Arbitration Disputes in CEE. 9th Baltic Arbitration Days. 16-17 August 2020. Riga.
- Kweku Adoboli: Understanding the Mindset which Led to the Biggest ever Trading Loss. ThoughtLeaders4 Conference. May 2020. Virtual.