Managing Director Enforcement and EMEA
Wieger Wielinga is responsible for Omni Bridgeway’s investment origination in (sovereign) awards and judgments globally and its litigation funding efforts both in EMEA and the UK.
With close to three decades experience in global litigation, litigation funding and enforcement, Wieger began his career in 1992 as an attorney at Loeff Claeys Verbeke (now Allen & Overy) specialising in litigation and insolvency matters. He has been an advising lawyer to the International Finance Corporation / World Bank on various emerging markets projects and has advised several multinationals on investments in former Soviet states. He has been an officer with the military intelligence service of the Royal Dutch Army, Russian language and interrogation unit.
Wieger holds an MBA from INSEAD, Fontainebleau, a Masters in Law from Leiden University and a post doctorate degree in Insolvency Law from University of Nijmegen.
He is recognised in Lawdragon Global 100 Leaders in Legal Finance (2020 - 2022) and Who’s Who Legal: Thought Leaders – Third Party Funding (2020).
Wieger is fluent in Dutch and English and proficient in Russian, German and French.
- Author. Enforcement Funding and Management of cross-border Claims: Litigation funding on the rise. Business Law Magazine. November 2021
- Co-author. Litigation Finance Industry: Global Perspective. Bloomberg Law. August, 2020.
- Prozessfinanzierer gründen Verband. Börsenzeitung. 5. July 2022
- Branchenführer gründen ELFA, um Legal Financing in der EU zu vertreten. Wallstreet online. 2. July 2022
- Interview. Müssen Prozessfinanzierer stärker reguliert werden?. JUVE. 28 December 2021
- Interview. One-Stop-Shop“ für die effektive Rechtsdurchsetzung. Dispute Resolution Magazin. Ausgabe 1. 2021
- Sanctions and international arbitration. Paris Arbitration Week. March 2023. Paris
- Bubbles & Stars: A Champagne Breakfast Exploring Space Resources Disputes. Paris Arbitration Week. March 2023. Paris
- Israel as a seat of Arbitration. Tel Aviv Arbitration Week. March 2022. Tel Aviv.
- Panel to discuss Kathleen Claussen’s prize-winning article “The International Claims Trade”. The International Arbitration Club of New York. January 2022. Virtual.
- Everything you need to know about Third Party Funding. Open de Arbitraje. October 2021. Madrid.
- Enforcement of arbitral awards in the Benelux: recent developments, risks and opportunities. Paris Arbitration Week. BSP Seminar. September 2021. Paris.
- Enforcing arbitral awards in Latin America. Disputes Europe & Latin-American („DELA“). April 2021.
- Asset Recovery for Institutional Investors in a COVID-19 Environment. SWFI Webinar. September 2020.
- Third Party Financing in Arbitration Disputes in CEE. 9th Baltic Arbitration Days. August 2020. Riga.
- Kweku Adoboli: Understanding the Mindset which Led to the Biggest ever Trading Loss. ThoughtLeaders4 Conference. May 2020. Virtual.