Bentham IMF's 2015 Year in Review
Bentham IMF propelled into 2015 off the momentum of a successful 2014 and is similarly ending this year on a high note. We continued our expansion in the U.S., grew our product base, and received an uptick in investment inquiries.
A few notable highlights in 2015 include:
- Fourteen closed deals and an additional handful approved by our investment committee, which are expected to close in the remaining days of 2015 or early 2016.Cases backed include major contract disputes, copyright infringement matters, patent disputes, and law firm case portfolios.
- The launch of Bentham’s San Francisco office (http://www.benthamimf.com/docs/default-source/default-document-library/benthamdj-5-9-15.pdf?sfvrsn=2 ) staffed by former Latham & Watkins LLP personnel, (http://www.therecorder.com/id=1202741773582/Betting-on-Cases-Instead-of-Billing-on-Them) including litigation partner Matt Harrison (http://www.benthamimf.com/about-us/our-team/full-bio/matthew-harrison) and litigator Priya Pai (http://www.benthamimf.com/about-us/our-team/full-bio/priya-pai).
- The addition of David Gallagher, an Investment Manager in Bentham’s Los Angeles office. David joins Bentham from top-tier firm Akin Gump, where he specialized in business disputes with a concentration on intellectual property matters.
- The addition of Julia Gewolb, Legal Counsel in Bentham’s New York office. (http://www.benthamimf.com/about-us/our-team/full-bio/julia-gewolb) Julia comes to Bentham from top-tier firm Boies Schiller, where she specialized in complex commercial litigation with a focus on antitrust, intellectual property, securities, contract, trusts and estates, and constitutional law matters.
- The announcement of a new portfolio product available to law firms seeking litigation finance (http://www.law360.com/articles/727348/litigation-funding-industry-deepening-law-firm-ties)
- Over 230 total matters reviewed for possible funding in the U.S., from a pipeline of major law firms, corporate counsel, businesses, and individual claimants.
2015 has been an outstanding year of growth and success to say the least. Bentham is excited to continue its upward trajectory and remains committed to providing its clients and the litigation finance industry with fairness, transparency, accountability, and responsibility. Cheers to an eventful 2015 and to an equally memorable 2016!