Looking Ahead: How Will the EU Representative Action Directive Affect Germany’s Class Action Regime?
The directive, adopted by the EU Commission on November 24th 2020, goes further into detail than the German Declaratory Action 2018 model. Companies are concerned a lawsuit industry is coming to Germany while consumer advocates welcome the new form of
action hoping to gain a share of the profitable litigation industry.
Omni Bridgeway will bring representatives from all parties and perspectives to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the EU Directive on collective redress and its possible national implementation during a live event.
We very much hope that you will join us! If you would like further information, please email Daniela Haessler
The event will be held in German.
EU CLASS ACTION
17 June 2021, 4.30 – 6 pm
Panel discussion, Livestream
- Michael Hummel, Inhouse Legal, Head of Legal Department, Verbraucherzentrale Sachsen
- Dina Komor, Lawyer, Senior Investment Manager, Omni Bridgeway
- Marcel Kouskoutis, LL.M., Attorney at Law (Syndikusrechtsanwalt), Legal and Tax Division, Verband der Chemischen Industrie e.V. (VCI), Frankfurt
- Dr. Petra Leupold, LL.M., Head of VKI Academy, Association for Consumer Information, Austria / Johannes Kepler University Linz
- Prof. Dr. Caroline Meller-Hannich, Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg
- Dr. Stefan Rützel, Lawyer, Partner, Gleiss Lutz