Alistair Croft is responsible for originating cases, due diligence, the management of funded cases in EMEA and the enforcement of awards and judgments globally.
Prior to joining Omni Bridgeway in 2015, Alistair practised law for over a decade, becoming a barrister and partner in commercial firm in the City of London, with a broad practice, advising on international arbitration, complex cross-border litigation, fraud, enforcement, shareholder and joint venture disputes, contentious trust matters for UHNWI and insolvency.
Alistair is a frequent speaker and panellist on the topics of dispute funding, litigation, insolvency and enforcement. He is also recognised in Who’s Who Legal: Thought Leaders – Third Party Funding 2020 Guide.
Alistair attended the Bar Vocational Course at the Inns of Court School of Law and was called to the Bar by Lincoln’s Inn in 2001. He was then admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of England & Wales in 2004. Alistair also holds a Bachelor's degree in Politics from Newcastle University.
Author. Financial transparency the best policy for funders. Omni Bridgeway Insights. March 2021.
Co-author. Third-party funding for international arbitration claims: overview. Practical Law. 2021
Co-author. The Growth of International Securities Litigation. Class Action Monthly. July 2020.
Co-author. 12th Edition: Class & Group Actions - A practical cross-border insight into class and group actions work. International Comparative Legal Guides. 2020.
Co-author. Europe Redressed. CDR Magazine. March 2019.
- Insolvency Litigation: the essential Funding Toolkit for the FIRE Practitioner. ThoughtLeaders4 FIRE Virtual Conference. June 2020.
- The Commercial Litigators' Forum Leading Litigators. March 2020.
- The Insolvency Summit: Dispute Resolution And Litigation Funding In The Face Of Insolvency. Legal Era Summit. Mumbai, India. October 2019
- Corporate Governance, ESG and Shareholder Engagement. Sovereign Wealth Fund Institute Summit. Frankfurt, Germany. March 2019.
- Regular speaker at RAIIDAR Connects.